Chapter 39: Sometimes is okay too 🔞

■ ■ ■ ■

He didn't particularly planned this.

It's just that.. he finished his work early and happened to be free to head home and take a rest. It barely happens these days because he's entirely loaded with work.

But instead of resting, he finds himself out here in the parking lot, leaning on the hood of his car and waiting for no one else but his wife.

At first, he wanted to let Sakura know that he was out waiting for her, but he immediately dismissed the idea when he assumed her response wouldn't work entirely in his favor. It's either she'll ask him not to wait for her, or she'd be ending the night with her friends early. He didn't want any of that so he decided to just wait for her to come out when they're done.

Besides, he wanted Sakura to still have time for her own interest.

He ran his fingers through his hair, fixing it after the cold chilly wind blew past him. He had been waiting for almost an hour now, and took this time to check his calendar and review some reports to keep himself from idling, not minding the muffled noises coming from the buildings in a distance. A message pops up suddenly, momentarily pausing his scrolling.

[SKR]:
Are you still
working??

[SSK]:
Technically.

[SKR]:
I'm gonna
take that as
a yes

[SKR]:
Miss you!!
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

[SSK]:
I miss you too.

[SKR]:
hehe
(//ω//)

[SSK]:
You seem to
be having fun.

[SKR]:
Of course~
great guess?

[SKR]:
anyway just
wanted
to check on
you ( ʃƪ˘ﻬ˘)

[SKR]:
if you were
here I'd
kiss and hug
you (✧ᴗ✧✿)

[SSK]:
Oh really?

[SSK]:
Anything else
you'd like to do
if I was there?

[SKR]:
yea, you

[SSK]:
I doubt.

[SKR]:
too bad you
aren't here lol

[SKR]:
Anyway we're
heading home

[SKR]:
omg there's a
hot guy in the
parking lot
that looks like
you loool

[SKR]:
...wait.

[SKR]:
where are you??

[SSK]:
Looking at you.

Sakura looks up from her phone and saw Sasuke in a distance as she squinted her eyes. It was too dark for her to see his face clearly in just one look, but now that she stared, it was in fact him, leaning at the hood of his car with some light emitting from the screen of his phone on his face. She could swear he was smirking a little as he stared directly at her with his piercing obsidian eyes. He had definitely seen her a long while ago before she did.