c1‼

Naturally, there's no food in the cupboards. My hands search through, my brain mostly in shock and trying to process the disbelief that I'm experiencing, but there's truly nothing. Fuck these dorms, I think, retreating to the couch in the common area. I plop down, exhausted, and exhale in exasperation. Mostly, though, fuck house arrest.

yesterday– directly outside the dorms– 4:32 a.m.

"You wanna go?" Bakugo shouts, hands sparking. It's barely dawn and this kid somehow still has energy.

"Yeah, I wanna go!" I retort, cracking my knuckles. The great thing is, I still have energy, too. "Obviously I wanna fuckin' go!"

He lets out an enraged yell and flies towards me, launching explosions that are loud enough to wake everyone in the country. I dodge them and counterattack, shooting electric ropes at him. I'm lucky enough to get his forearm attached– he freezes from the shock, but his expression only grows angrier.

"Like hell you think you can do that!" He tries to escape, but my grip on the ropes only increases.

"Don't make me up the voltage, buddy," I threaten, grinning widely. Oh, the joys of combat in the wee hours of the morning. Bakugo twists around violently, growling in anger, and I suck my teeth. "Doesn't look like you're cooperating! Lemme just–" I focus my strength on the web attached around him, which has now locked around his wrists, too, and I raise the voltage to 1 000. That's nothing. He winces and thrashes around some more, and I can see him trying to explode himself out.

"Like hell you think you can do that," I mock. "Did that hurt? That kills a little bitty rat. Is that what you are? A teensy rat?" I laugh out.

"Fuck you! God, you're so–"

"Will someone care to explain to me what's going on here?" a furious voice asks. I stop, releasing my ropes and dropping Bakugo, who falls down with a thud. Aizawa is glaring at us, arms crossed, and a small group of students is gathered behind him. I see a very anxious-looking Uraraka, as well as Kirishima, Mina and my stupid cousin. "Because whatever the reason is cannot be acceptable enough for the two of you to cause such a disruption at 5 in the morning!"

"I am so sorry, sir," I murmur apologetically. "I can explain," I try to say calmly just as Bakugo yells "It's all Battery Brains' fault!"

"Shut up," I say, kicking his leg. "Basically, I was having my usual insomnia, so I came down here and found some food in the fridge, right? And I thought to myself, (y/n), it's so nice and windy and cool out, you should just sit on the balcony and eat these random noodles, so I did, and then this fat bitch shows up and gets all offended and angry. He's like, oh, blah blah, my cooking, but I wasn't really listening, cause, you know, I was eating the food. And then he goes, you have to fight me for the food! But I thought that was really childish, so I said no, then he knocked the noodles out of my hand and onto the ground, see, you can kinda see the dried up noodles there–" I pause and point to the spot on the pavement where the pasta met its unfortunate fate– "And I was like, wow, idiot, now no one gets the food, and he got pretty mad at that, so we ended up resolving it by fighting. But it's mostly a jokey-fight."

Aizawa deadpans, and Kaminari chuckles, which only angers Bakugo further.

"Shut it, Dunce Face!"

"You know, Denki, getting him all mad isn't gonna help now," I say to my cousin jokingly.

"Enough! All of you! This is ridiculous," Aizawa finishes by muttering, shaking his head. "I can't believe you two. Starting next week, you'll be under house arrest for a week."

"Isn't that a bit much, sir?" Uraraka intervenes quietly. "The most I've seen you give is five."

"You know, I don't think it's enough. I'll make it two weeks."

I grimace and scratch my head, and Bakugo scoffs sharply.

"Oh, you don't think that creating an issue out of something meaningless and instead of talking it out like the teenagers you should be, decide to nearly blow up the whole building as a bit much?" Aizawa comments pointedly. "Two weeks. That's final."

back to now

I groan in pain at my stomach which is now rumbling very, very loudly. I haven't eaten since the noodle incident, and that was... 28 hours ago. I'm surviving off of water and a measly jug of Gatorade, which is grape flavoured. Who the hell buys grape flavoured Gatorade? Gross.

"Hey, idiot, where's your trash bag?" Bakugo is standing behind me, looking bitter as ever.

"I can't focus on finding a trash bag if I can't find any food," I say heatedly, rubbing my stomach. "I need to ingest something."

He scoffs and crosses his arms. "Well, ingest something after we pick up the fucking garbage, dumbass!"

"I can't function if there's nothing in my system, friend! It took way too much brain power to sit down."

He looks like he's hesitating, impatience grows on his face, and finally he sighs in annoyance. "Fine. Fine. If I show you where your stupid ass can find food, will you get this shit done with?"

"Yes, and I'll love you forever, oh my God," I react, springing upwards with energy I didn't think I had left in me. "You told me about that stash and my stupid self didn't even think of it!"

"Don't call me your friend again. We aren't friends."

"If we weren't friends then why are you bringing me to your secret stash of food?" I retort, following him down the hall to his dorm room. "Plus, I've known you since we were kids. You're my neighbour, Kat. We're friends.

"I-" he pauses, clenching his fists, and whips around in irritation. "We aren't fucking friends. I just want you to get your extra-fucking-ass off of the couch and clean up so that I'm done until tomorrow. And don't call me that."

"What, Kat?"

"Yes, dumbass!"

"Sure. Friend."

"SHUT UP!"