c10!!

As the rest of the class disperses after the game, my mind continues to race with thoughts of Bakugo and the tension that clearly hands between us. Shit, I think, he was gonna tell me something and I completely interrupted him. In my own contemplation, I find myself still seated in the common area when my cousin approaches me with a quizzical expression.

"Hey, (y/n)," he says, plopping down on the couch next to me. "Can I ask you something?"

I glance at him, trying to suppress the lingering blush on my cheeks. "Sure, what's up?"

Denki leans in, his voice low and curious. "I, erm, noticed how flustered you got when I asked you that question  during the game. Is there something you're not telling us?" He smirks excitedly and wiggles his eyebrows, which makes me flick his forehead.

My heart skips a beat at his question, my mind racing for an appropriate response. I can't tell him the truth, not yet. So, I muster a sheepish smile and shrug.

"Flustered? Nah, nope, nono, it was just an awkward question. It... caught me off guard, that's all."

Denki raises an eyebrow, his skepticism evident. "Come on, (y/n). I've known you long enough to know when something's clearly up. You've been acting differently around Bakugo lately, and now this? I mean, you're sure there's nothing going on?"

I bite my lip, internally cursing myself for not being more convincing. Kaminari is perceptive sometimes, and it seems that he's caught on to my hidden feelings. But I can't let him in on the truth just yet. Not until I have a better understanding of my own emotions and where Kat and I stand. Especially since we've just established that we were friends (I mean, at least from his end.. ) a few days ago, and now this?

"You're reading too much into it," I insist, my voice wavering slightly. "Bakugo and I are just friends. There's nothing more to it." For some reason, it hurts me to say it. My chest clenches momentarily, but I'm quick to rush the feeling away.

Denki's gaze bores into mine, his eyes searching for the truth. After a moment of silence, he sighs and leans back on the couch.

"Alright, if that's what you say," he says, his tone hinting at his lingering doubts. "But just remember, I'm here for you if you ever need to talk or figure things out. Cousins are meant for that type of stuff, you know?"

I nod, grateful for his understanding, even if it's a little misguided. "Thanks, Denkz. I appreciate it."

With that, Denki rises from the couch and makes his way out of the living room, leaving me alone with my swirling thoughts.

The weight of my deception settles heavily on my shoulders. I know I can't keep up the charade forever, but for now, I needed time to sort through my own feelings and gather the courage to confront Bakugo.

Which I probably won't anytime soon.