c8!!

I'm alone in the dorm common area, the early morning sunlight streaming through the windows. It's quiet for a little, and I try to treasure the moment,  but my solitude is soon interrupted when Bakugo walks out of his room, looking a bit disheveled (and yet undeniably attractive). I can't help but steal a quick glance at him, secretly admiring how good he looks, even in the morning.

"Hey, Kat! Up pretty late, huh? Sleeping in, I see," I comment, a playful smile tugging at the corners of my lips.

He shrugs dismissively, his voice obviously full of exhaustion. "Couldn't sleep."

I raise an eyebrow, a gleeful glint in my eyes. "Oh? Dreams must've been pretty good to keep you in bed."

Bakugo's cheeks flush slightly, his normally confident demeanor and ego faltering for a second. He clears his throat, trying to brush off my comment. "Don't fucking flatter yourself. My dreams have nothing to do with you."

I can't help but smile, knowing I've struck a nerve. "Are you sure about that? I bet you dream about me all the time."

His eyes widen quickly, caught off guard by my boldness. He quickly regains his composure and leans in closer, a smirk playing at his lips. "Dream about you? More like nightmares, Battery Brain."

My face flushes with a mixture of embarrassment and amusement. I expected a witty comeback, but Bakugo's response catches me off guard. His remark has an unexpected edge to it, and I find myself a little flustered.

"Is that so?" I retort, trying to regain my composure. "Well, maybe I'm too much to handle. I wouldn't want to give you any more sleepless nights, friend."

Bakugo's smirk widens a spark of mischief in his eyes. "Tch, dumbass, if you were the cause of my sleepless nights, it would be for an entirely different reason."

My cheeks instantly turn beet red as his words sink in. The subtle innuendo catches me off guard, and I can't help but feel a surge of heat rush through my body.

Bakugo, on the other hand, seems to realize the slightly... suggestive  undertone of his comment, his eyes widening in surprise.

"Oh... I didn't mean it like that," he mutters, his own face turning a shade of red. "I just... meant you're fucking annoying enough to keep anyone awake."

I let out an embarrassed laugh, my heart pounding in my chest. "Sure, Bakugo."

He scratches the back of his head, an irritated  expression crossing his face. "Yeah, well... shut up."

The awkwardness hangs in the air, the silent tension between rising up. As the silence lingers, a mixture of excitement and trepidation fills my heart.

And though we both try to hide it right after, there's a  moment when our eyes meet, lingering a little longer than necessary.

___________

"And...yeah," Kaminari tells Sero.  "That's pretty much it."

"Crazy thought isn't it?" Kirishima adds on, grinning. Sero nods in agreement.

"So now what? You just made a bet that they're gonna get together in a few days and that's it? You're not ... going to help them or anything?"

Kirishima and Kaminari share a glance. "Uhhh, knowing my cousin she probably wouldn't want me to interfere with stuff.."

"Yeah, we're just silently supporting," Kirishima says. "Just letting it happen, kind of..."

"Sure, but if I were you, I'd do something to kinda push them together. I can see them working," Sero then claims. "Bakugo seems to care for her I guess, the stuff you're telling me.."

"No, you're right. We'll have to do something, maybe. Actually , I don't think either of them will act on anything unless we do something to push them together."
________________________