c4‼

back to 1st person POV

As I sit on the couch, flipping through a magazine that I had read at least five times already, I hear footsteps approaching.
I look up and there he is, Bakugo, striding towards me, shirtless. My heart skips a beat, and I quickly avert my gaze, trying to hide my flustered state.
This wasn't the first time I had seen him shirtless, but there was something different about today. Maybe it was the fact that I had just finished taping up his cuts, gracisouly caused by me. Yeah, that was definitely it.

"Enjoying the view, (y/n)?" Bakugo smirks, his voice dripping with amusement.

I clear my throat, trying to regain my composure. "Oh, you know me, Kat. I'm always a fan of the aesthetic appeal," I reply, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

He rolls his eyes, but I can see a hint of a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. It's a small victory for me. I love getting under his skin, pushing his buttons just enough to elicit a reaction.

"You know, Kat, it's a good thing I'm here to take care of you. Who else would tape up your precious wounds?" I quip, pointing to the bandages I had just applied.

He grumbles something unintelligible under his breath, but I catch the faintest hint of gratitude in his eyes. I wasn't going to let him off that easily.

"Come on, dude. Say it. Admit that I'm  your knight in shining armor," I tease, a mischievous glint in my eyes.

He scowls, clearly reluctant to give me the satisfaction I crave. "Fine, fine. You're tolerable. Happy now?"

I grin triumphantly. "Tolerable? That's the best compliment I've ever received from you, Bakugo. I knew deep down you cared for me."

He huffs and turned away, his face slightly flushed. "I didn't say that."

"But you thought it!" I shoot back, enjoying every moment of this playful banter. "And don't worry, Bakugo, I won't tell anyone about your soft side. It'll be our little secret."

He shoots me a glare, but I could see a flicker of amusement in his eyes. "Shut up, (y/n). Just shut up."

*

Bakugo's sudden offer to cook lunch catches  me off guard. I blink in surprise, momentarily speechless.

Was this the same Bakugo who would rather blow things up than step foot in a kitchen? I can' t help but feel a mix of curiosity and amusement.

"Are you serious, Bakugo? You, the master of explosions, want to cook me lunch?" I ask, my voice laced with playful excitement.

He scowls clearly annoyed by my over-the-top enthusiasm. "Don't get too excited, Battery Brain. I just don't want you fucking up my kitchen."

I chuckle, knowing he was just trying to hide his true intentions. "Course, Kat. I completely trust your culinary skills. Just make sure you don't set anything on fire."

With a huff, he turns on his heel and marched towards the kitchen.
I follow closely behind, watching him as he rummages  through the cabinets, searching for ingredients. The sight of him attempting to cook is both endearing and hilarious.

I can't help but tease him further.

"Hey, Bakugo, need any help? Or maybe a fire extinguisher?" I joke, unable to contain my laughter.

He shoots me a withering glare. "I don't need your help, and I won't be burning anything. Now, sit the fuck down and wait."

I comply, sitting at the kitchen counter, pretending to be on the edge of my seat with excitement. "You have no idea how thrilled I am to be the recipient of your culinary greatness!"

He rolls his eyes, but a small smirk plays at his lips. "Yeah, yeah, just be patient."

Time seemed to pass at an agonizingly slow pace as Bakugo moves around the kitchen, his focused expression a stark contrast to the chaos he usually has. Finally, he presents me with a plate filled with steaming food. I eye it skeptically, but I can't hide my delight at his efforts.

"So, what did you make, Master Chef Kat?" I asked, my tone teasing but genuine curiosity shining through.

He crosses his arms, a smug grin on his face. "Try it and find out."

I take bite, and almost immediately, my mouth is engulfed in flames. My eyes widen, and I cough, desperately reaching for my water glass. Bakugo burst into laughter, his booming voice filling the kitchen.

"Oh, did I forget to mention it's spicy?" he mocks, clearly amused by my predicament.

I glare at him playfully, trying to mask the burning sensation in my mouth. "You did this on purpose, didn't you? Trying to teach me a lesson?"

He shrugged, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "It's not that bad. You're just weak."

I chuckle, despite the heat still lingering on my tongue. "Well, it doesn't matter if it's spicy. You made it for me, Bakugo. And that's all that counts."

His smirk softens, a rare moment of vulnerability flickering across his face. "Yeah, well, don't get used to it. I won't be making lunch for you every day."

I grin, a warmth spreading through me. "I wouldn't dream of it, Kat. But this... lunch, it means a lot. Thanks."

Bakugo scoffs, but I can see a hint of satisfaction in his eyes.

"Yeah, we didn't do anything today," I tell Denki. We're both in the common area, having snuck out. "It's almost 2 in the morning, you know."

"And?" he chuckles almost noiselessly. "I'm not even tired."

"And I've got nothing on my 'schedule' tomorrow."

"Well, at least you guys are sorta good now, right?"

"We've been good. Those were play fights–"

"Until you nearly killed him," he intervenes. "Go on, sorry."

"Those were play fights," I restate, crossing my arms. "We're friends, no matter what Kat says about it. He just... yeah."
"I'm sure..." Denki says sceptically. "Friends."

"No, seriously!" I claim. "He made me lunch today and everything! He can be friendly if he wants."

My cousin chokes slightly. "Making you lunch is crazy! I've never seen him cook for anyone else, (y/n). You must be pretty special."

"Well, I am!" I reply. "Undoubtedly special."

-----------------------------------------------------------

sorry this is lowk short