c6!!

After a long day at school, the class returns to the dorms. The door swings open, and the familiar chatter fills the air as everyone settles in. As I sit on the couch, engrossed in a conversation with Bakugo, a hush falls over the room.

I look up to see the surprised expressions on the faces of our classmates. Their eyes dart between Bakugo and me, taking in the unusual sight of us sitting side by side, engaged in peaceful conversation.

"Looks like you guys are good now, huh?" Tsu says, smiling a little. "Didn't you just hate each other a few days ago?"

I feel a blush creeping up my cheeks as I quickly deny any suggestion of newfound... anything. "No way! We're just... tolerating each other. That's all."

Bakugo's eyes narrows, his voice laced with irritation. "We're not friends or anything. Don't get any funny ideas, damn it!"

I laugh silently at his irritation. He sure knows how to please a crowd, huh?

The room falls into an awkward silence, the tension high. I can sense the confusion and disbelief in their gazes, their curiosity risen  by the contradiction between our words and actions.

Momo decides to step in. "Well, regardless of the nature of your relationship, it's good to see that you're getting along for the sake of the house arrest. It makes things easier for everyone."

Bakugo grumbles under his breath, his frustration evident. "Yeah, well, don't expect this to be a regular thing. We're just stuck in the same fucking situation, that's all!"

I bite my lip, my heart sinking at Bakugo's dismissive tone. It stings, even if I try to hide it behind a casual smile.

I don't know why, but I can't help but ache for something more.

The atmosphere in the room remains tense as our classmates exchanged glances, silently absorbing the complexity at play. It's clear that our... relationship, whatever it is , had caught them off guard.

But as the evening wears on, the atmosphere gradually lightens. The class resumes their usual activities, laughter and conversations filling the air. Bakugo and I return to our comfortable banter, a temporary shield against the unspoken tension that lingers between us.

"You think you'll be making lunch again? For meee?"

"Hell no, Battery Brain, " he retorts. His eyes keep falling back to Kirishima and Kaminari, who are sitting and whispering together in the corner of the common area.

"Ignore them," I say dismissively, but I can't help but be intrigued as well. What are they talking about? "Yo! Denki! C'mere." I call him over, smirking, watching as he mutters something to Kirishima, face burning.

"What were you talking about, bud?" I ask, a knowing smile playing on my face.

"Nothing!" he stammers. "Nothing, just...school."

"Oh, school? Surprising, cause you hate it so much." Bakugo snickers at my comment, and I feel slightly proud.

No. Stop , (y/n).

"I'll...go back now. Kay! Have fuuunnn!" Denki says, retreating quickly.

"Well that wasn't weird," I say to Bakugo, who's glaring crossly at Kirishima. "Oh, keep death staring. I don't think he's gotten the message yet."

"Shut up."

"Are you gonna telepathically understand what he's saying?" I inquire jokingly, but his glare turns to me, his sharp crimson eyes meeting my (e/c) ones. I suck in a breath when he looks away finally.

denkz
wow
i think kirishima is officially scared shitless
me
yep
he's terrifying huh
denkz
not to you
making you lunch
psh

I feel the blush rise to my cheeks as I read my cousins text .

me
shut the fuck up