Episode- 2: The Get Out Ceremony

PREVIOUSLY...

Y/n: What are soulmates??

Still A/n pov:

Y/m: (Facepalms) Because after Y/n's question, Y/m was as speechless as a mime in a library.

Currently, soulmate signs and marks are spreading faster than cat videos on the internet. And 

Y/n? She must've been too busy watching paint dry to notice.

Y/m: Argh! God save me from this walking, talking trivia machine!

Y/n: What did I do? Why am I a trivia machine to you? What are soulmates? Do they go on dates? (The author, who moonlights as a poet, couldn't help but drop a rhyme.)

Y/m: Oh, heavens! Soulmates are not just couples but can be a whole soccer team too. Imagine having twelve soulmates who could be a boy band, a girl group, or a mixtape of both. They're like collectible action figures; if you meet one, a hexagon on your hand lights up like a disco ball. It's like a cosmic bingo game. For you, it's on your arm. Got it, my beloved goofball?

Y/n: Wow! What a speech! I wish I could get such lengthy lines too!

Y/m: (Flicks Y/n's forehead) I just explained quantum physics in toddler terms, and you're zoning out?

Y/n: No, ma. I absorbed every word. Just imagining dad's face when he learns about it.

Y/m: That's why I'm plotting your escape. Once you're done with school, I'll send you off to college in the land of 'far, far away'. Hide your marks like it's the last piece of chocolate on earth. At 18, you'll get the full scoop on your soulmates—like a psychic reading but with more hexagons. If dad catches you then, you're gonna be in a pickle.

Y/n: Roger that. But why get the soulmate tattoo at 15 and not at 18?

Y/m: That's a question for the author who's probably napping, not me. I'll work on dad, make him see that having a football team's worth of soulmates isn't the end of the world. So relax and hit the books (poet author strikes again).

Y/n: By the way, what time is it?

Y/m: It's... FUDGING TEN THIRTY!!!!!!!!

Y/n: Ooh, got it. Wait, ten thirty?! 

Y/m: Now your sister's bawling because of our shouting match. Go study in your room, and forget school for today. (And if you're wondering about the crying sister, she's a 3-year-old drama queen. Find me a baby that doesn't cry, and I'll show you a silent rooster or maybe a unicorn too.)

(A Huge Time Skip Occurs)

3 YEARS LATER

Y/n managed to keep her marks a secret, wearing long sleeves even when the sun was flexing its muscles. It was a breeze when dad was off on business trips. But then...

HER DAD DECIDED TO THROW A MEGA BIRTHDAY BASH TO UNVEIL HER SOULMATE. Little did he know, it's not 'soulmate' but 'soulmates'.

Y/n pov:

I'm getting decked out for this birthday extravaganza. Seriously, dad's been AWOL on my birthdays for years, and now he's hosting a shindig that could outshine a royal coronation.

Now, I'm about to cut the cake, which is basically a skyscraper of frosting. Everyone's watching, and dad's about to blow a gasket when he sees my new 'henna' art that runs from palm to elbow. I can already picture his face turning every shade of red—half from mortification and half from the spicy chicken he wasn't supposed to eat.

Dubakoor Relative 1: Y/n, dear, channel your inner psychic and ask the universe about your soulmate.

Y/m: Excuse me, but my daughter has an entire football squad of soulmates.

Y/d: Your daughter what!!!! (And there it is, the crimson tide I foresaw.)

Y/d: Y/m, this isn't the time for pranks!

Y/n: Dad, mom's on point. I do have 12 soulmat-

Y/d: GET OUT!!! GUARDS, IF SHE DOESN'T VAMOOSE, SHOW HER THE DOOR.

Man, I should've been a weather forecaster.

Y/n: Alright, alright, I'm going. Don't exhaust the guards.

And with that, I exited stage left from the wedding hall—I mean, birthday hall.

- To Be Continued

Btw, meme for this ep: