22. Dream Job

Shubman pov

The alarm blaring on my phone made me wake up. That's when I realized Shobhana was not beside me.

It was 6:30 in the morning and I could see her saree was on top of the bag.

I sat upright my feet touching the cold floor.

Stretching I stood up before going to freshen up. After a while, I came out to see Kriti on her phone.

"Good morning, " I greeted as she smiled. "she's upstairs," she answered before I even asked. I smiled nodding before going off to get myself a coffee.

"Enjoying the view?" I smiled walking entering the terrace where I noticed Shobhana. "Yeah. It's calm," she answered.

I stood next to her my arm over her shoulder as she tilted her head.

"When is your practice session starting?" she asked. "Next month."

"You should visit your family before that shouldn't you?" she questioned looking up at me.

"Yeah, I should," I admitted.

We stood there for a few minutes gazing at the sky.  It felt nice. 

The silence. Until it was interrupted by a phone call.

"Sorry, " she muttered before answering the call.

"Hello"
"Yeah, this is Shobhana Kumar speaking"
"What? "
"T-thank you, I'll check and let you know, "

When the call ended her face looked like a person who saw a ghost.

"You okay? " I ask placing a hand on her shoulder.  "Yeah give me a minute, " she answered before opening her email.

She clicked the first one and I saw her eyes zoom past it. She literally shoved the phone into my hands before moving away covering her mouth with her hands.

Curious I checked the email.

To:  Shobhana Kumar

We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected as the photographer for Vogue.

You are required to be at NYC Vogue by July 8, 2019, at 10: 00 am.

The other details are attached in the below pdf.

Regards,
NYC VOGUE

"This is amazing!!You got your dream job. Oh my god! Congrats babe!" I smile hugging her and I could feel her smiling too. 

"God we have so less time.  I need to finish Virat sir's shoot,  submit the project, and tell my brother, and Kriti, " she started ranting. 

"Woah relax," I exclaimed holding her face in between my palms. 

"It's alright. Virat bro is gonna be here so you're having the shoot on the 25th." I start before continuing.

"Then as you said I might have to leave that day so that I spend a few days with my family.  Before that I will be taking you shopping and we will buy all the things you require," I answer.

When I finish I see her looking at me.  "What? "

"Nothing. It's just you seemed so into that, " she chuckled.  "Oh come on, " I laugh.

"Come on here, " I smile pulling her closer before kissing her. I could feel her smile through the kiss.

"I love you, " she whispers placing her forehead on mine. "Love you too sweetheart"