29. Pandemics, Pop Stars And Old Faces

Shobhana's pov

No way.
No way.
No way.
No way.
No way.

I'm going to do a photoshoot of Taylor Swift.  Aahhhh.

"My heart can't take this Susan,  catch me," I speak before falling backwards as she catches me.  The 2 of us start laughing. 

"When do you start? " she asked.

"Well, I will have to meet up with her first then decide. Oh my god," I rant.

"I'll catch up with you later, James and I are going on a date, bye" she cheers before running off.

I sigh. 5 months and counting.

I huff before pulling my phone out to call her.

I dial the number and the call starts.

A few seconds later I hear her voice.

"Hello," Taylor's voice echoes through the phone.

"Hello, ma'am. I'm Shobhana. I'm assigned to do your photo shoot, tjays why I called, " I answer.

"Oh hello, Shobhana. I received a call from the office today. We can meet up tomorrow and discuss about it,  what do you say? " she asks me.

"Of course! Is tomorrow at the Starbucks cafe downtown alright with you? " I ask her.

"yep!  I'll meet you there at 10 in the morning! " she squeals before we bid goodbye.

I just talked to Taylor Swift.

Ohmygod.

When I switched on the news after reaching home,  every news channel talked only about the new virus spreading. Who even names these viruses? Corona. Bleh.

Rubbing my face I open my notebook to decide the styles when my phone went off.

"Hello this is Shobhana Kumar speaking, " I answered the phone in between my shoulder and ear.

"Hey Shobhana, " the voice spoke making me drop my pencil.

"Shubman? " I answer.

"Hey," he mutters. "What do you want? " I ask him.

"I know I fucked up Shobi. I really do,  will you please give me another chance?  Nothing is going right without you, " he spoke and I could feel his voice break.

"Shubman I don't know. You broke my heart even after promising. I don't know Shub, " I answer.

"Please Shobi. We can start off fresh. From the beginning, " he pleads.

"I guess we could," I answer.

"Then can you please open the door? " he asked making me sit upright.

"What? " I ask before approaching the door to open it.

When I open the door I see Shubman standing there. "Hi, " he smiles making me smile too.

"Hey, " I answer back. "I'm just before you know you broke my heart, " I speak leaning against the door frame. 

"I know. I'm here to fix that," he sighed.

"come in, " I speak as he removes his shoes before entering.

"Seems like they are going to enforce a lockdown, " he spoke before sitting down on the couch.

"Yeah," I mutter before handing him a cup of coffee.  "Thanks, " he spoke before taking it.

"So Taylor Swift huh? " he asks after seeing the notebook and my laptop.

"Uh yeah. I'm meeting her tomorrow. Got to do her photoshoot. " I answer as he nods.

"That's good. "

"So what are you doing here? " I ask him.

"Uh actually because of this virus spreading recently BCCI cancelled all the matches and practice sessions. So I thought I'll drop by, " he answers.

"So how is everyone back home?" I ask. 

"They are doing good. And Shobi.  I'm extremely sorry.  I don't know what came over me that day. I just took it out on you. I didn't call you because I wasn't sure how to face you, "he admitted.

"It's okay. Every relationship has its ups and downs. Friends again? " I ask him as he shakes my hand.

"Best friends, " he answers.