35. best friend proposals

As the years passed by, Shobhana and Shubman's relationship only deepened, their love growing stronger with each passing day. They had overcome the ups and downs of life together, supporting each other through thick and thin. And now, in the year 2024, they found themselves more in love than ever before.

Shubman's family had welcomed Shobhana with open arms, embracing her as one of their own. From the moment they met her, Shobhana's warmth, kindness, and genuine love for their son had won them over completely. They saw how happy she made Shubman and knew that she was the perfect match for him.

"Shobhana, beta, you've brought so much joy into our lives," Shubman's mother would often say, her eyes brimming with affection as she embraced Shobhana like a daughter.

And Shubman's father, a man of few words but endless love, would simply nod in agreement, his smile speaking volumes.

And then there was Shahneel, Shubman's elder sister who would tease them about their relationship but adore them at the same time.

As for Shobhana's family, who was only her elder brother Sundar and his wife Meena had also grown to adore Shubman, seeing the love and devotion he had for her. 

Shobhana's elder brother, had been initially cautious, as any protective older sibling would be. But as he got to know Shubman, he realized that he was a kind-hearted and genuine person who truly cared for his sister.

"Shubman, take care of my sister, okay?" Sundar would say, clapping a hand on Shubman's shoulder with a smile. "She means the world to us." 

"I will, Sundar. I promise," Shubman would reply, his voice filled with sincerity. Meanwhile, Sundar and his wife Meena had started their own family, welcoming a beautiful daughter named Arya into the world three years ago. Arya was the apple of everyone's eye, her infectious laughter filling their home with joy and laughter.

"Shobhana didi! Shubman bhaiya!" Arya would squeal with delight whenever she saw them, running into their arms for hugs and kisses. Shobhana and Shubman loved spending time with Arya, watching her grow and learn with each passing day. They would often take her to the park or on little adventures around the city, creating cherished memories together as a family.

One sunny afternoon, as they sat in the backyard of Shubman's family home, enjoying a leisurely lunch together, Arya toddled over to Shobhana, a mischievous twinkle in her eye.

"Aunty, aunty! Will you swing with me?" Arya asked, tugging at Shobhana's hand with all her might. Shobhana laughed, her heart melting at Arya's adorable request. "Of course, sweetie! Let's go swing together," she replied, scooping Arya up into her arms and heading towards the swing set.

As Shubman watched Shobhana and Arya play together, a sense of warmth and contentment washed over him. This was his family - the people he loved most in the world, gathered together in a moment of pure happiness and joy.

About a few months later the Durga Puja function was a vibrant affair, with the air filled with the sounds of laughter, music, and the aroma of festive delicacies. Shubman stood among his teammates - Rohit Sharma, Ishan Kishan, Virat Kohli, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Hardik Pandya, and others - all dressed in traditional kurtas paired with jeans, adding a modern twist to their attire.

As they mingled with the crowd, exchanging greetings and sharing laughs, Shubman couldn't help but steal glances at Shobhana and Kriti, who were now official photographers for the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). The two women looked stunning in their elegant Anarkali suits, their vibrant colors and intricate embroidery adding to the festive atmosphere.