two

Eryzo exhaled deeply, releasing her feet from the heels that she sported for eight hours. She sat down on the couch in her living room, massaging the soles of her feet trying to relieve some of the tension.

This was her first year teaching and to say that was scared was a big understatement. She was scared of failure. Scared that she wouldn't be able to connect with every single student. Most importantly she was scared that one day she could be a victim of senseless violence while doing something that she loved.

"I think I did well today." She said to herself with a slight chuckle. Overall she felt like day one of teaching was successful. She didn't really go into her curriculum being that it was the first day, instead she allowed her students to introduce themselves and allowed them to learn each other, including herself.

Her mind wandered off to the top of her morning—Serenity. When she first saw her, her voice got caught in her throat. In fact, she had gotten so nervous that she excused herself to her office. She never expected to see Serenity outside of the club, let alone teaching her daughter.

Of course when she returned from her office she kept it professional, but the entire time she could feel Serenity burning a hole in her face with a devious smirk. Even though she was practically flustered the whole time, she tried her best to be as professional as possible.

"Oh hey bestie."

Eryzo looked up, promptly frowning seeing her best friend come from the kitchen area. She didn't see her car in the driveway, so she was definitely confused.

"What are you doing here, you didn't tell me you were coming over?" She asked.

"Oh it was unexpected I was waiting on you, but I figured you were still at work since it was the first day." Her best friend, Kyler, nervously chuckled.

Eryzo looked at her strangely. "You knew I was, I told you I had a meeting. Did you need anything?"

"I was coming to get my wand curler, but Justin gave it to me. My uber is here, so see you later boo." She replied. Eryzo's frown deepened as she watched her 'best friend' tried to scurry out of the house.

"Wait what? Uber? What is going on?"

"Justin was just showing me the new organized pantry." Kyler responded, chewing on her cheek.

"It's a regular pantry all we did was clean it out. Scratch that I cleaned it out." Eryzo scoffed. "Y'all look sneaky." Kyler scurried out of the house as her concious started eating her alive.

"Why the hell you home so late?" Her boyfriend, Justin, mugged in disapproval. "School gets out at three, yet you're coming in here at seven."

"I have to wait until my last student leaves and then I tidied up my room. I also told you we had a meeting with the principal afterwards." Eryzo explained, standing to her feet. She grabbed her heels and attempted to walk past her boyfriend, but was pulled back.

"Bitch all that didn't take four hours. Did you at least bring dinner?" Justin scoffed.

"Our principal treated us with Chick-Fil-A, so I'm full for the night." Eryzo shrugged. "How long has Kyler been here?"

"For some time." He smirked under his breath. "She came to get her shit like she said, if you was here on time you wouldn't be asking me shit."

"Okay so why were both of y'all coming out of the kitchen?" Eryzo inquired.

"Damn Eryzo, ask her!" Justin snapped on her. "If we would've been coming from the bedroom you would've been looking stupid, so be grateful."

"Goodnight Justin." She mumbled, attempting to walk past him once again.