eleven

before you read, press that star ! excuse all mistakes

"Mr. Lennox I don't know if you checked the planner iPad already, but there's an inquiry about a brunch at the mayor's golf club tournament next weekend. His assistant apologized for the short notice, but he said they're willing to pay whatever to have you as their caterer."

Lennox turned the gas stove off before wiping his hands with his hand cloth. He turned his attention to his assistant before nodding her over. "What time is the event? Kenarie wants to have a movie night next weekend." He responded, instantly remembering his daughter's request.

"He said that you would only be cooking for the VIP list so once you're done, you'll be able to leave." His assistant, Peighton, read back to him the inquiry that was sent through Lennox's booking email. He was completely booked for the next three months, but the mayor's office had been blowing up his email for the past week for a squeeze-in.

Lennox was one of the most successful private chefs in the South. His love for cooking always showed through his presentation and you could taste it through each dish he prepared. He was young, but going big places in the food industry.

"Let them know my prices and set up a zoom so that we can discuss the three different VIP menus." He stated, accepting the gig. After all, it was the mayor and if he turned down this opportunity he could be missing out on bigger opportunities. His food spoke for itself, but if he was hired to be the mayor's main caterer it would look good for even bigger clients.

Peighton nodded her head, sending a email to the mayor's assistant with a zoom link and Lennox's price list. Private catering started at $1200 which included; seven different entrees, six different sides, three appetizers, drinks, setup, and everything else that made his presentation top tier. That was only the starting price though. He never had any problems with clients paying their money because they already knew that his food and hospitality was well worth it.

"Can I take a plate home if there is any leftovers?" Peighton asked, hope laced in her eyes.

"You know you don't have to ask Pay Pay. As soon as I pack this food up I'll make you two plates." Lennox responded, eyeing his assistant with sympathy. "Talk to me, what happened?"

"Mama doesn't make enough food for me sometimes. Just her and her boyfriend." Peighton mumbled. "She won't let me in the kitchen sometimes."

"You told Sahara? She can have you placed in another home." He wondered, placing the tinfoil on top of the food to keep it warm.

"I'm tired of moving Mr. Lennox. Plus nobody is going to want to adopt a seventeen-year old. I might as well stick it out until my birthday." Peighton mumbled with a small sigh. She was counting down the days until her birthday and saving up every paycheck to get her own place.

"Is she taking your money that I pay you?" He wondered, now starting to fix her two heaping plates of food. He knew how much Peighton loved his food and he had no problem with letting her take some home. Both plates consisted of seafood jambalaya, mac and cheese, green beans with potatoes & bacon, fried fish, blackened salmon, and peach cobbler.

"No, not really I still be telling her that I be at the library all these hours. I'm just trying to save my money, so that I can pay my deposit for my first apartment and first month's rest." She responded, savoring the plates that were being made for her.

Lennox hands were definitely blessed when it came to cooking, and she could admit that his food could have anybody gaining weight. Whenever she helped him with private catering events, she always found herself sneaking food here and there. He occasionally caught her, but he never held her against it because she was his taste tester anyway.