Chapter 7: Flight to Gusu, On Saber (NHS & NMJ)

A/N: 1876 words! Dw, I plan to make the next chapter in wwx and the lans POVs. Nie Huaisang will always be the schemer to me. Let's see what he has planned!
Warning: Reference to gore, bullying, cruelty, etc., Strong language, etc.
Enjoy!
~worldlesswanderer

——————————
Without so much a warning, Nie Huaisang ran across the hall to his Da-ge's throne room, fresh tears flowing down his cheeks for the first time since their father died.

He had very little time. He must convince Da-ge and make his way to Cloud Recesses as soon as possible.

/////////////

Nie Huaisang ran through the green carpetted halls of the Nie Sect in Qinghe. The Unclean Realm had a classic, if not dreary, beauty complemented by Nie-themed colors. Golden pillars held up high celiings around Huaisang as he dashed to the throne room.

A few steps above was his brother, seated on a throne made of a deep green wood with brass furnishings. The throne room, like all other rooms, was encased by curtains of dark green and grays.

Nie Mingjue sat in a tall, regal manner, conversing with his right-hand. Nie Huaisang seemed to be interrupting the sect leader's discussion with Nie Zhongji, Nie Mingjue's advisor and close friend.

"Da-ge!" Nie Huaisang panted as he collapsed in front of the steps to the throne.

"Huaisang?!" Nie Mingjue rose and quickly made his way to the younger Nie, grasphing him by the shoulders in alarm. "Huaisang? What's wrong with you?"

Nie Huaisang paid no mind to his brother's brash language for once.

"Da-ge- Da-ge! We must help him! He was wronged!" Huaisang cried, his tears distressing his brother, "We've all wronged him!"

Nie Mingjue's face froze in shock but he recovered quickly. "Who has been wronged, A'Sang? Just tell me, I will take care of it."

Nie Huaisang didn't waste the moment. 'As the saying goes, strike while the iron was hot.' he thought.

"Wei-Xiong! We need to save him!"

Nie Huaisang watched emotions flicker across his Da-ge's face. He watched in recognition as Nie Mingjue's face went slack with astonishment first followed by a fury that melted down handsome features into a fearsome scowl.

"Nie Huaisang! How much longer are you going to continue to be delusional?! Face it didi, Wei Wuxian is no longer the same man you knew during the lectures! People change, Huaisang! If he's not dead with the rest of the filth on that mountain, he has probably gone mad already!"

Nie Huaisang felt the dull pangs of hurt strike his heart before he pushed it aside.

Chanelling all the calm energy that Nie Mingjue lacked, Nie Huasang spoke, "I have received a letter Da-ge. Please keep an open mind. Perhaps the human body changes, but I believe one's heart will never."

Carefully, treating it as the most precious jewel, Nie Huaisang handed the letter his friend had sent him to his brother.

Perhaps he was breaking his dear friend's trust by doing so. However, if it produced a chance to change the fate that Wei Wuxian had claimed to be his, Nie Huaisang would risk trust a million times over!

------------------

Nie Mingjue was not the brightest of minds in the cultivation world. If anything, Nie Mingjue believed that his strength as the Nie Zhongzhu was reinforced by his own younger brother's mind. While he may act as though he believed his brother to be lesser like all other cultivators, he was, in reality, turning a blind eye to all of Nie Huaisang's actions. Just as the younger wanted.