Chapter 2 - Concrete JUNGLE.

"Jesus it's fucking cold when the sun goes in" I whine to my best friends. It's 7:30 pm now, and I've been home and got changed ready for the gig. I've put my usual makeup on. Thick black eyeliner, lashes, and a 90's nude lip. I'm wearing my black vest top with a black play suit and Doc's (obviously). I very rarely wear any other shoes.

We're queuing outside the venue, doors open now, and we're in pretty quickly. We always like to be there for the opening act so we can be introduced to new metal bands. I've no idea who's opening, but I'm excited either way.

Jesse goes and gets us all some beer, while May and I find our way to the front. We've all been friends since school, the 3 outcasts who were made fun of for the full 5 years of high school for our taste in music. Jesse comes back complaining about the queue, and we stand and talk for a while as the fans flood in. Luckily, we're at the barricade. Perfect view of Andy, my childhood (and adulthood) crush.

"Who do you think is opening? I didn't read the fucking sign but imagine if it's Falling In Reverse? Have you heard Ronnie's remake of Last Resort? AHHHHH" Screams May.
"Maaaaateeeee, have I? I've listened to it none stop since it came out, " replied Jesse.

I watch my two best friends, loving life, talking about their favourite band and smile. The outcasts, my outcasts. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for these dickheads.

The room goes dark, and the red hue of the lights starting dripping in, and everyone starts screaming. All 3 of us chug what's left of our beers and hold the barricade wondering who's going to come out and undoubtedly be our new favourite band. Anyone who tours with BVB has got to be sick, right?

A tall, angry looking man comes out and sets his position to the right if the stage. Guitarist.
Next, a smaller, cute looking guy comes out and walks to the left of the stage. Another guitarist.
Then, a third, small, young looking guy comes out and heads to the back. Drummer.
Usually my favourite part of the band and also the only one with short hair at the moment.

Next comes out, the front man, a giant with a balaclava on. Interesting.
I can't help but notice his walk is familiar, he has one glove on and the ungloved hand looks familiar too but I brush it off.

The front man starts talking, and I get a sense of de ja vu again... where do I know that voice from?

They start playing a song they call Glass Houses, and the crowd goes mad. May, Jesse and I start banging our heads with the beat in unison, we all turn to each other and scream about how sick this song is.

"IS EVERYONE HAVING A GOOD TIME ALREADY, MANCHESTER?" Screams the frontman.
"ALRIGHT, I wanna do something next. When I scream CONCRETE, you all need to scream JUNGLE, you got that?
The fans scream, signalling that we all understood.
Shit, this band is fucking sick and already becoming a fast favourite.

"CONCRETE"
"JUNGLE"
...
"CONCRETE"
"JUNGLE"
...
"LOUDERRRRR... CONCRETE"
"JUNGLE"

The beats get faster, and so do the chants.

"CONCRETE"
"JUNGLE"
"CONCREEEEEEEEETE"
"JUNGLE"

The crowd roars, and I can't contain my excitement anymore.

"THIS IS DETHRONE, YOU FUCKS!"

He takes of his balaclava and flicks his head back... I recognise those neck tattoos. Fuck. It's Noah.

I barely have time to process who I realised it was, and the songs starts, everyone's going mad, and my body just moves to the beat. Listening to every word, he's screaming and singing. Captivated by his vocals and his beauty.

Mid song it slows down, and he walks up to the side of the stage we're stood infront, I stand still and completely seize up as he's looking into the crowd. I feel a wave of heat cover my whole body and realise I'm blushing. He looks down, and we lock eyes.
In that moment, I hear nothing. It's like we're on our own, in the dead of the night, nothing but stars above us and the faint sound of our hearts beating at the same time. Does he even recognise me?

I come back round and manage to force a shy smile so I don't look like a bitch, I see the corner of that perfectly symmetrical mouth turn upwards as he winks at me and walks across to the other side of the stage.

What the fuck just happened?

The rest of the gig goes by so quickly. BVB were mental, as usual. It's our 5th time seeing them, and we act like its our first time, every time. As the lights go on, we stay back and let everyone leave first. We do this all the time in hopes one of the bands come out and also to beat the chaotic Manchester traffic on a Saturday night.

As everyone's left, there were only about 10 of us dribbling out, talking about how amazing the gig was when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and see a young guy with a beard and a beanie on with a massive smile on his face.

"Are you Lou?"
"Erm, yeah?"
"Sweet, I'm Bryan. Someone has sent me out to get you and bring you out back?"

Jesse and May look at me with a what the fuck face. I turned and shrugged at them. I came in my own car, so I told them to head home, and I'll text them later when I'm back.

Bryan started walking, and I followed like a lost puppy, my stomach in my throat. I'm an avid crime watcher, so I'm just praying I won't get kidnapped and tortured wherever I end up. He's weaving down these corridors as I'm struggling to keep up. Every 1 step he takes, I end up taking 3 because I'm so small. We eventually came to a door with a shitty sign saying 'Bad Omens' in typical Comic Sans font. He knocks and walks off.

I stand there looking after him as he disappears down another corridor, the door opens and the tall, angry looking guitarist opens it. "HEY! Are you Lou?"

"Hi, yeah I am, what the fuck is going on?" I say as I awkwardly laugh.

"Come in, dude. I'm Jolly"

-----------------

[AUTHORS NOTE]
The timeline is not accurate. I'm completely making it up.
I'm not a writer, I've never written anything in my life but I really wanted to write this fan fiction so I hope you like it, regardless of the flaws.