Chapter 7 - Road Trip

I've spoken to Jolly, and they're getting into Wolverhampton for noon. It's only about a 2 hour drive for me so I set out at 9:30am so I have time to get petrol and food.

Noah rings me while I'm driving. Fuck. He knows I'm off, but I don't want to give anything away.

"Hey babe!" I answer.
"Hey, we're just setting off, so I thought I'd ring you. Are you in the car?"
"Yeah, I'm on the way to May and Jesse's, we're going to have a movie day."
"I'm so glad you have them, I can't wait to meet them one day."

I melt at his sincerity.

"Me neither, they'll love you. They freaked when I sent them the picture you took of me and BVB last night. We've seen them 6 times now. They've been our favourite band since high school. "

I have a thought...

"Listen, I'm nearly at theirs now, so I'll ring you tonight before your show, love you, bye."

Shit. Did I just say that? It just came out like word vomit. Fuckkkkkk.

I put the phone down before he could say anything and drive to May and Jesse's.

I just walk into their home unannounced. We're family.

"GUYS!!! I have a proposition for you both. You're off work this week as well, aren't you? " I bawl, walking through to the kitchen.
Jesse is sitting at the table doing a jigsaw. It's one of our favourite activities to do together, I sit down in front of him and attempt to join in.
"Hey bitch!!!!! What's this proposition?!"
May walks in wearing a towel, clearly just out the shower.

"Well I'm spending the rest of the weekend and week in the Midlands surprising Noah on tour.. and..." I look up and see them both eyeballing me with smiles slowly emerging on their faces.
"Do you wanna come? I can introduce you to BVB? I'll pay for your hotel as I'm staying on the bus with the lads."

"DON'T FUCK WITH ME LOU?"
"Ha ha, I'm serious. Wanna come?"
They both jump up and run upstairs.
"I TAKE THAT AS A YES?" I bellow out while still trying to complete the jigsaw.
"YEAAAAAAAHHH!" I hear them screech simultaneously.

20 minutes later, they're both running downstairs with their bags, bickering about them being in each other's way.

"Erm Jess, you have 2 odd shoes on, mate," I observed, trying to push down my laughter.

"FUCK!" He shouts as he's running back upstairs dropping his bag on the way up and letting it tumble all the way back down.

I start grabbing their bags and packing up the car while they finish off and lock up.

As we're all in the car I start blasting BVB. Knives and Pens, the song of our youth.

"So, are you guys ready for a....." I sing song to them.
"ROAD TRIP" we all scream with excitement.

--------------------

I pull up at a Travelodge close to the venue and they get booked in. My nerves creep up around my heart and throat, knowing my best friends; the only stable thing in my life are going to meet Noah. I really hope they all like each other. These guys are all I have, and I will buckle up my heart if they don't accept him.

It's 1pm now, and I notice Jolly has messaged me.

Jolls: We're on the bus and Noah won't shut the fuck up about you. Thank fuck you're going to be here so he can stop chewing our ears off."

I send back a sticky out tongue emoji 😜 and ask him for 2 extra tickets as I've brought May and Jesse. He sends them through to my phone and I forward them on to Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee while they're disputing who gets the double bed or the single.