Chapter 4 - Dont Play Games With Me, Nicholas.

I wake up from the sun spying through my curtains. I grab my phone from the bedside table. 8:42 am.

There's a text from Noah...

N: Morning L. Are you off today? X

I instantly sat up in bed and responded.

L: Morning you. Yeppppp, I don't work Sundays. X

N: Sick, meet me in an hour by the van, here's the address. X

He pings me his location.

Ew. Why is he up already? I didn't leave him until quarter past 2. It's only been 6 1/2 hours. I don't question it and immediately get up and start getting ready; teeth brushed, hair straightened. It's still a bit greasy from last night, but nothing a bit of dry shampoo won't fix. I start panicking about what to wear. I mean, I'm going to meet the potential love of my life, but it's also Sunday, and I'm a comfort girl.

I throw on my usual go-to in this weather. A long black dress with my Docs, and grab my bum bag that I throw around my shoulder with the essentials in. Apply a bit of makeup, nothing as dramatic as last night, but I need to look like I haven't had the worst night's sleep ever.
I couldn't get to sleep for ages, tossing and turning, running through last night's events in my head, trying to push away the butterflies that were constantly turning my stomach.

I get in my car and start driving, listening to Bad Omens on the way. I grab a Red Bull from the petrol station to help with a caffeine boost, but it's making my nerves worse.

I get to the address and see the biggest black van I've ever seen in my life. So this is what a tour bus looks like?
I text him as I pull up. Just as I park, I take my mirror out of my bag and start topping up my makeup.
The next minute, all the guys jumped out and tapped on my car, screaming, and I could have had a heart attack right there and then. I drop my beauty blender and scream.
"FUCK! You guys, are you fucking serious!?"
They all roar with laughter.
"Wheeeeyyyyy we got you good Lou, it was Noah's idea, don't beat our asses." Nick screams while running away as I get out of the car.

I bend over my seat to try and find the beauty blender I lost in the moment I was pranked.

"Shit."
"You okay?" I heard a soft voice behind me, placing a hand on my back. Noah.

All the hairs on my neck stand up. I turn around, and he's standing no more than a foot away from me. Last time we were this close, he kissed my cheek, and I fell in love there and then.

"I lost my beauty blender in my shit tip of a car because you guys decided to try and kill me off with a heart attack," I say, smiling.

"Here, let me look."
He scoots past me, his body brushing against mine, and we lock eyes. This man. Does he realise my heart is officially in melting mode as I take a deep breath, trying to regulate my heartbeat. He leans in the car over the drivers seat and his shirt rides up at the bottom of his back, showcasing more intertwining lines of ink and bursts of colour, and I can't help but start to trace my fingers along the lines.
It startles him, and he jumps, banging his head in the process on the roof of the car.
"Ow! Fuccckk"
"Shit, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to -"
He cut me off by towering over me and placing my beauty blender right in front of my eyes, giving me a wink.
"Hey, don't be sorry, I just wasn't expecting it, haha. It was nice. Your touch is soft."