Chapter 12- What's keeping me here?

Thank you so much for nearly 2k reads on this story! It's definitely not a lot to some people, but it is to me, and I'm super appreciative! It's a bit of a filler chapter, but I hope you enjoy none the less <3

Neither May, Jesse, or I have been side stage before, and the view is insane.

The gang takes their places before Noah heads out, and he gives me a quick kiss before doing their set.

He dedicates Death Of Peace Of Mind to me and winks as he turns around, my whole body lights up, and I get chills. I wonder if he'll carry this tradition on when I'm not here.

After their set, he comes back and asks how it was. Incredible, obviously.

"Meh, a bit lack lustre, but good." I reply with my driest face possible.
I notice Noah’s face begins to drop before we both start laughing.
"You're a little shit, you know that?" He teases before pulling me in for a peck.

I feel someone behind me, it's Andy leaning in my ear to whisper, "get a fucking room."

We both give him the middle finger while he walks out on stage. Noah lingers for a while, watching Andy and the crowd. I know he wants this, headlining that is and he's so close to it. I can't help but get in my head about what happens next when he's got all this. His fanbase is only getting bigger and they're only getting better.

"I'm going to help on the merch table for a bit," I shout in his ear before walking off. I just need to get out my head for a little bit and I know I’ll enjoy working the merch. It's basically what I do for a living anyway just clothes and accessories instead of makeup. Noah looks at me strangely, knowing I've never worked on Merch the whole time we've been with them on this tour.

"Hey Davis, I'm going to give you a hand, that okay?" I say walking round the booth.
"Yeah man, definitely. I'm getting slammed!"

After a few minutes, I'm getting into the rhythm of it and finding where all the sizes and stock are.

"Hey, please could I get number 6 t-shirt in a size medium?" A fan shouts.
"Course babe, the beanie goes well with that shirt too. The colours look so sick together!" I show her the beanie and she tries it on.
"Yeah, you're right, I'll take this too!"

"You're a natural, Lou!" Davis shouts in-between grabbing merch and I shoot him a smile.

Before I know it, the gig’s over and the merch line is going down. Over an hour I've been here and loved every minute, feels like home away from home.

Davis starts packing up, and I carry on serving fans. "You know we're done now?" Davis laughs.
"Yeah, but there's still a queue, so I'll work on getting it down while you're tidying up. You'd hate it if you couldn't get merch, right?" I reply.
"Noah said he met you in a store, I can tell. You've got great customer service, " Davis titters.

45 minutes later, we were finally done and head backstage.

"Jesus Lou, where have you been?!" Jesse, clearly drunk, shouts at me as I enter the green room.
"Serving merch in the booth, Davis gave me a free beanie for helping, so I'm buzzed!" I laugh while putting on my new favourite merch item.

We all start winding down, drinking a few beers and talking about how the show went.

Davis comes bounding through the door...

"Guys, I've just finished roughly counting what we made on the table, right? You'll never guess how much we sold? Bearing in mind, we sold out of nearly everything, all sizes." Davis pants.

"Erm, I'm going with a bit more than average, like $15,000, including Black Veil Brides?" Jolly questions.

"Not even close, $25,000"