Blue milk

Tw: Abuse

Saria went off to the market once again, this time counting her credits beforehand. She had just enough to buy some blue milk.

She grabbed it from the stand and walked up to the register with a nervous expression, as the last shopping trip didn't go well.

The same Zabrak from before looked up from a magazine with a bored expression and gave Saria a look of distaste. "Got enough credits this time?"

Saria nodded and held out the palm of her hand, where the credits were sitting. They were snatched from her hand and put into the register before she could blink.

"Have a good day," The Zabrak handed Saria the carton of blue milk.

Saria gave a quick smile before turning back to the busy streets to walk home. It was a hot day, even by Tatooine standards, and she wasn't looking forward to having to cook Eric's dinner in this heat.

For a brief moment she ran through a couple ideas for the project she would have to complete with Tech, but shoved that to the back of her mind. She'd draw up some sketches tonight.

Saria entered her home, and heard shouting coming from Eric's office where he played hologames.

"Kriff off you space worm!" Eric yelled.

She carefully stood at the entrance to his office and peered at the screen.

"Babe?" Eric turned to her, the smile fading off his face. "Is dinner ready?"

Saria shook her head.

"Then what are you doing here?" Eric frowned, confused.

Saria pointed her chin at the holoscreen.

"Wondering what I'm doing eh?" Eric grinned. "Some kid beat me and Joe in our match so we're teaching him a lesson."

Was that who they were screaming at?

"Now go cook dinner," Eric turned back to his game and started shouting insults into his headset.

Saria nodded and went to the kitchen, quickly whipping up a meal for him. When she was done, she tapped his shoulder for him to go eat, then went to the living room.

She settled on the floor, leaning on the couch and started brainstorming for the project she was working on. Saria selected her favourite ideas and put them on a list to show Tech tomorrow.

"Babe?" Eric's voice drew her out of her thoughts. "I'm gonna watch my holoshows in here okay?"

"Where am I supposed to work then?" Saria questioned.

Eric gave her a disappointed look, reminding her to write her sentences down on her datapad.

"I don't know," Eric shrugged after he read what she had written. "Just don't use my office. It's mine."

Saria frowned at him, but he had already turned to his holoshow. She sighed and went to the 'fresher. She sat on the floor there and a notification popped up on her datapad.

1 NEW MESSAGE FROM UNKNOWN

Saria wondered who it could be and tapped on it, rolling her tired shoulders as she did so. Her body felt sore and tired from her long day and night.

From: Unknown

Hello Saria. I did some research to find your contact information. Feel free to contact me at any time.

Saria typed out a response with her heartbeat pounding.

To: Unknown

Who is this?

Saria chewed at her fingernails anxiously as she waited to find out who stalked her like this.

From: Unknown

My apologies if I scared you. This is Tech.

Saria silently laughed as she updated his contact information. She would have to reprimand him tomorrow.

A pounding at the door made her jump, so she got up to answer it. It was Eric, a furious look on his face.

"It's bedtime!" He grabbed her arm roughly and dragged her from the room. "You need to sleep to get up early to make me breakfast!"

Saria sucked in a breath through her teeth at his grip. He noticed and let go.

"I'm sorry babe, I didn't mean to be so rough," Eric hugged her.

Then he tossed her nightwear at her face and shoved her in their bedroom. "Goodnight!"

Saria was picking up the clothes he threw when she heard the lock click. Her head shot up and she tugged at the door, but it wouldn't budge.

Saria slid down against the door and tears stung at her eyes. She didn't like feeling trapped, and he knew that. Did he forget?

1 NEW NOTIFICATION

Saria wiped her face and picked up her datapad to see what it was, her lip still quivering.

From: Tech

Goodnight Saria! I can hardly contain my excitement for tomorrow's work! My brother's are making fun of me for it, but I will not let them bother me.

Saria smiled, and turned her datapad off. She felt excited as well, but she didn't know why.

I know, not a lot of Tech, but we'll get there, I promise. This is the build up.

Would you rather meet Krell or Palpatine?

I'd rather meet Krell. Palpatine is too scary, but I bet I could handle Krell.

Maybe not tho.