Glittering jewellery

I know I've said this already, but I truly love Te'tai.

I'm considering writing a couple of one shots for her and Hunter's thing...

Tw: Blunt language.

Saria was finally done with her shift and started walking home, but not before Te'tai promised to comm her as soon as she could the next day. She'd said she'd be occupied that night, then later Saria saw her and Hunter leave the bar together.

Saria entered the house, saw food already set out to eat, and Eric sitting at the table waiting for her.

"Hello Saria, I picked up dinner for us," he signed in BSL, his movements choppy.

"What for?" Saria signed.

"Sorry babe, I only learned that one phrase," Eric kissed her and shoved her into a chair. "But enjoy the meal."

Saria dug into the meal, loving not having to cook dinner for the first time in... a long time.

Eric enjoyed his own food, and kept stopping to glance up at her with an excited smile.

When they were finished, Eric swept the plates away to the sink and took a deep breath. Saria moved to clean the dishes, but Eric gently steered her away from them.

"Those can wait, and I have something to give you," Eric beamed at her.

Saria tilted her head.

"I love you Saria," Eric leaned his forehead against hers. "I love you so much, and I've finally gathered my courage to do this."

He fell to one knee.

Saria's eyes widened and she looked around like it might be some prank, and that people were waiting to laugh at her.

"Will you marry me?" Eric asked and pulled out a small box with a glittering piece of jewelry in it.

Saria bit her lip as she thought it over.

"Yes."

"I'm so glad I learned the symbols for yes and no too!" Eric jumped in the air then hugged her. "I love you so much Saria!"

He slipped the ring onto her finger, where a large diamond sat. Saria gasped softly at the shine on it.

"Eric, isn't this a bit expensive? We're barely making rent," Saria signed, then typed it out on her datapad.

"Oh you're worth it!" Eric said after he read her doubts off the datapad. "Besides, you have that new job now."

Which she earned less money at then her previous one.

It was fine though.

She'd figure out a way to make ends meet.

"Now if you'll excuse me," Eric tipped an imaginary hat to her. "Joe's waiting to play Hologames with me."

And he left to play his games.

Saria adjusted the ring on her finger as a frown toyed at her lips. It was truly gorgeous, yet she felt a twinge of regret in her heart.

It was fine though.

Everything was fine.

Saria fell asleep that night with Eric's arm wrapped around her waist, and the ring on her finger. Her dreams were filled with shadows and chains with knives weighing them down.

"Hi Saria! I'm so sorry I didn't comm you this morning, I woke up late and had to rush to work since we have the early shift and-" Saria cut her off with a wave, and Te'tai sighed in relief. "Thanks for understanding Saria."