Goodbye

"I'm sorry I asked you to do that," Saria apologized to Tech. "That was rude of me."

"I must admit, it was a bit awkward for me, but I'm glad I could help. Eric seemed like he was very unsupportive of your endeavours," Tech remarked.

Saria's datapad dinged, so she pulled it out and saw a message from Te'tai.

"She wants to meet up to talk," Saria told Tech. 

"I should get going then," Tech reluctantly said. "I'll see you tomorrow maybe?"

"Sure!" Saria said before gasping and jumping up and down in excitement. "I can cook everyone dinner tomorrow! I can even host here, since Eric can't tell me no!"

"I'll be there," Tech told her. 

"Make sure you tell your brothers?" Saria asked. "I'll invite Te'tai when I see her today."

"Certainly," Tech nodded. 

A knock at the door interrupted their conversation. Sara answered the door to see Te'tai standing there with the biggest grin on her face.

"Hi Saria! I heard the news from Hunter! I'm so happy for you! Eric was such a- Oh hi Tech!" Te'tai quickly said, handing Saria a bag.

"What's in this?" Saria asked.

"Just some stuff in case you were feeling bad about the whole Eric breakup," Te'tai said. "Maybe don't open it in public."

Saria dropped the bag and her eyes went wide. "What's in it?"

"I'm joking," Te'tai laughed. "It only has chocolate and stuff in it."

Saria let out a sigh of relief.

"And something for if you get lonely," Te'tai winked.

"I'll just... be going," Tech awkwardly said. "I will see you tomorrow at dinner."

"Nah there's nothing in the bag other than chocolate and alcohol," Te'tai waved her hand. "I just wanted him gone so we could talk."

"Talk about what?" Saria questioned.

"Your job," Te'tai said. "Eric made you quit your dream job of being an architect, but now he's gone. Are you going to go back to it?"

"I haven't thought about it," Saria frowned thoughtfully.

"Well think about it. It's an important decision," Te'tai said. "Anyway, what's this about you and Tech having dinner tomorrow? Moving on past I see."

"It's not like that!" Saria blushed. "I'm inviting everyone over for dinner, including you!"

"Oh, thank you for the invitation!" Te'tai said. "I'd love to."

"This'll be fun," Saria remarked. 

"It sure will!" Te'tai gleefully grinned.

"Dinner is cooking, it'll be ready soon," Saria told Te'tai as she walked inside.

"Anything I can do to help?" Te'tai asked.

"No, I don't think so," Saria replied. "Everyone's watching a Holoshow if you want to join them."

Te'tai nodded and went to join the others. Hunter beamed when he saw her.

Saria sat next to Tech and glued her eyes to the screen, gasping when the killer revealed themself.

"Saria, there's something I wanted to discuss with you," Tech whispered to her.

Saria looked up at him. "What is it?"

"My brothers and I have an assignment off world, but we'll be back. It's is our last rotation here before we have to leave," Tech told her. "

"Okay," Saria replied. 

Just then, her timer went off, signalling that dinner was ready. Saria turned the Holoshow off and set the dinner out on the table.

"Enjoy!" Saria smiled. 

They all dug in, and it was the happiest Sadia had been for a while. People were chatting, and  was lighthearted conversation. Laughter rung through the air and Saria was happy to have so many friends.

Then the night came to an end, and Saria waved goodbye to everyone as they left.