Seven

Logan's POV

"Logan go get your brother." Lucas demanded from over the phone. Even though Mom had told us he had taken a business trip to Colorado, he still managed to be the same bossy brother he had always been.

I looked to the stairs that led up to our bedrooms. "Christian!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

"Don't yell," Lucas gritted out. "Are you around Mom?"

I threw on a fake smile. "Nope," I lied as I stared Mom right in the face from across the kitchen counter.

She didn't notice the act though as she stared blankly into her mug of coffee. My heart shattered at the sight. She was caught in a daze, confusion and exhaustion making more frequent appearances on her countenance lately.

I told her I'd be right back before slipping off the chair and heading towards Christian's room where he was still passed out. His arms were dangling off the bed as he lay there on his side with his mouth wide open.

"Christian!" I shook him and he moaned, rolling over. My eyes widened in shock at the claw marks that littered his shirtless body near his back muscles and lower back. I shook in disgust before calling his name again.

"Hm?"

"Get up," I ordered. After pressing the speaker phone icon I tossed the device onto Chris's pillow so it landed next to his head.

"What do you want?" He groaned, sleep laced in his raspy voice.

"Lucas is on the phone, he wants to speak with us."

"I don't care," he muttered groggily against his pillow. He hiked the blankets up further so that only his neck and up was visible.

"Well that's too bad isn't it?" Lucas spoke roughly next to Christian, startling the latter. Christian flipped over and narrowed his eyes at the phone and then at me.

"Alright listen up," Lucas began. "This time is very crucial for Mom. She's gonna need to be carefully monitored to make sure she doesn't do anything extraneous. The more stress she has on her, the worse off she will be, understood?"

"Yes," I spoke as Christian's eyes began to flutter back shut but not before mumbling out a coherent noise of confirmation.

"That means I need both of you to be on your best behavior. Anything she says goes, no talkback. Try to help around the house and keep up with your rooms and the cleaning." He paused before the phone went temporarily silent. I faintly heard him talking with someone in the background before a door shut. He resumed, "No going out to parties, Christian. You stay home and take care of things with your brother, is that clear?"

I scoffed as drool began to leak from Christian's mouth onto the pillow. A loud snore escaped his mouth and I had to cup my hands over my mouth to contain the laughter.

"Sleeping, huh?" Lucas growled from over the line.

I snickered as I winded back my hand, slapping Chris across the cheek somewhat harshly.

Chris blinked open his eyes on high alert, sitting up against the pillow. "Huh, what?"

"Keep your eyes open I'm not speaking for my own benefit."

Chris released a silent yawn before digging the heels of his palms into his sleep ridden eyes. "Lucas how are you gonna give orders to us from all the way over there?" He grumbled through half lidded eyes.

"Through the phone that's how," he shot back. "Now shut up and pay attention." Christian stuck his middle finger up at the phone before letting it fall back down against the sheets. "Mom knows about where I am and that Remi is with Warren. I told her Remi isn't staying with Dad because she doesn't feel comfortable after what happened."