ʚ twenty-two ɞ

☁️🫧 - 𝐏𝐎𝐕 ariana grande
❝ you know me better than i do
can't seem to keep nothing from you
how you touch my soul
from the outside? ❞

sunday 𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄 thirteenth
eleven thirty am
𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 -  la casa 🏡

as rays of sunlight poured through vinnie's curtains, he was the first of them both to awaken.

feeling silk and a warmth curled into him, he was pleased to see the peaceful view of ashanti sleeping on his chest as he laid on his back. if vinnie was being honest with himself, this was a view that he had come to admire.

he cherished the moments where it was just the two of them. the two of them in their quiet world, away from all the noise.

he took in her soft, snoozing features. vinnie liked that he woke up to her face this morning, rather than her being over the phone.

but for now, vinnie stayed quiet and waited for ashanti to wake as he did, grabbing his phone from his bedside. after around twenty minutes, ashanti rustled. she squinted and blinked against the light but soon, ashanti was awake.

she rubbed her eyes, recalling the events that brought her to waking up in a non-familiar bed, hugging a very fit torso.

smiling, she remembered the conversation had the night prior.

vinnie clicked off his phone, shifting his focus, "there she is..." his morning voice grumbled. he ran his hand down her back. "goodmorning.."

ashanti smiled softly, relaxing under vinnie's touch, "hi vinnie..."

"you sleep okay?"

nodding, her voice was low as she responded truthfully, "better than i have in a while."

he smiled teasingly, "i'm very comfortable you know?" ashanti replied to the other with, "never thought i'd get the chance to know."

"your verdict now that you do?"

"you're more comfortable than i thought..?"

vinnie patted her back, "i told you. thank you."

"i'm not sure that was a compliment.."

"it definitely was..." vinnie denied while ashanti silently laughed at him.

"now." she raised her head off of his torso, looking up at vinnie and his messy blond curls, "what are you wanting to do today champ?"

"stay in this bed. my body hurts so bad." vinnie complained while holding out his hands, "and i just want you to stay here with me."

ashanti rolled her eyes before responding sarcastically, "only because you won a fight or something... but first i need to go brush my teeth."

vinnie sighed dramatically, "come here?"

"not with that morning breath i will. if you wanna cuddle, let's go brush our goddamn teeth." ashanti got up from the bed while laughing. she walked out of vinnie's bedroom to head to her bathroom.

vinnie laid his head against the headboard, a grin on his face as he watched ashanti walk out of his room.

"you better wait for me! i'll brush my damn teeth!" vinnie called out while laughing as he
chased after ashanti.

yeah... these moments where it was just the two of them were his favorite.

𝙄𝙉𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙂𝙍𝘼𝙈 !!

𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐘𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐃 !