ʚ twenty-three ɞ

🔲🩵 - 𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐏𝐓 𝟐 j cole
❝ needin' me wantin' me givin' me
a special chance to feel special
to somebody in a world
where they not lovin' me ❞

𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘𝗦𝗞𝗜𝗣 : 𝗧𝗪𝗢 𝗠𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗛𝗦 𝗟𝗔𝗧𝗘𝗥

wednesday 𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐔𝐒𝐓 twenty-fifth
eleven thirty am
𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 -  las vegas, nevada

ashanti had painfully come to realize over the past two months was that pressing charges against a man in vegas is a joke and she's not finding it very funny.

it was becoming a real situation of "he said" "she said" and to be honest, her patience was being tested daily by people around her not listening to what she had to say.

officers instead advised ashanti to file an extended order of protection with nevada state court, which she ended up doing. with the help of a court clerk, she first had to fill out a petition, writing down all of the details and injuries involved with omarion's abuse.

having to recall the encounters of violence hurt ashanti more than they thought it would, having thought the earlier stages of abuse were past them. writing down detailed sentences brought up all the trauma that was bottled deep down, but it was for the best.

her clerk submitted it to a judge and after a grueling two weeks, the judge granted her the temporary order. omarion could not contact her, visit her home, stay a certain distance away, and other precautions for her safety for the next thirty days.

the two took the next step of submitting an extended order of protection that would grant ashanti three hundred and sixty five days of protection, a full year. getting this second order signed by another family court judge took another three weeks but at last, the order was signed and filed.

hearing this news from her court clerk was like a big breath of fresh air filling her lungs at all once. she had the next year to figure out what to do with her life without a threat looming over her.

"however," her clerk, mrs. foster hesitated, "for the order to go into effect, you need someone to serve the papers to the adverse party and it can't be you for obvious reasons... do you have someone in mind?"

ashanti took a deep breath before nodding slowly, "i think there is."

four forty five pm

abrupt and harsh knocking came from the doorstep, the person behind it eager to have someone open it up. omarion paused his game, pissed at who was trying to knock his door in.

throwing the door open, omarion was taken aback by who was behind it.

"here's what you're gonna do."

vinnie pushed the manila envelope into omarion's chest, forcing himself inside the house. "you're going to read these, and you're never going to lay your hands on her ever again as long as i'm in her life."

"you break this order and believe, your ass is.. well," he laughed to himself, "it'll be the authorities'. so i suggest you stay away while you can because i'm sure serving jail time or paying a heavy fine is not in your best interest right now."

vinnie's demeanor was serious, distant, and cold. he wanted his words to be internalized by the other. he wanted him to understand that he meant what he said.

"you got me?"

omarion scoffed grabbing the envelope from his chest, "you're her little bitch, you know that?"

"well, you're just an insecure punk who hits women, so who's really the one that needs to self reflect?" vinnie shrugged.

before walking out of the ajar door, he had one final thing to say, "just know that this could've been so much worse. but, if you excuse me, i have the kindest, prettiest, most amazing girl waiting for me so."

and with that, vinnie was gone leaving omarion livid with a restraining order and someone new at the top of his shit list.

"i can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me v, it feels like i don't deserve you.." ashanti murmured to vinnie after he'd arrived to her vegas apartment. he had told her everything that happened, and what he said to omarion.

"you're right because you deserve so much more," he smiled softly, holding her hands within his, "you don't have to thank me ashanti. i told you i would be here for you while you handled this."

"i'm so proud of you for how you did. i know it was difficult and painful, but you fought through  it and come out on top. it's almost like you're my champ now."

ashanti smiled back at him, overcome by a certain type of gratitude that she hasn't felt it so long. safety and security were foreign feelings to her, and yet she felt them both with the guy in front of her.

she released her hands to embrace vinnie, "thank you anyways."

vinnie moved his warm hands under her hoodie up her back to return the hug. the warmth radiating from the both of them was comforting.

"have you eaten yet or do you want to go get something?" vinnie asked quietly. "i can drive us wherever you want to go."

ashanti's head perked up with interest. "we can go get food, i know the best tacos downtown."

vinnie smiled at her, "i'll grab the keys."

𝙄𝙉𝙎𝙏𝘼𝙂𝙍𝘼𝙈 !!

𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐃 !

liked by 𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐄𝐇𝐀𝐂𝐊𝐄𝐑 and 65,726 others

𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐑 it was the best kind of day :)

𝗖𝗢𝗠𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗦 𝗧𝗨𝗥𝗡𝗘𝗗 𝗢𝗙𝗙 !!

⸺ 𝐛𝐨𝐰𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐚𝐭𝐬🥣
happy belated new year lovelies
thank you for tuning in :)
sorry short chap but just TRUST ME

mwah mwah ily stay safe <3