Arthit

It took me about 3 days but I was finally feeling better. I went back to the cafe for my shift and Adam practically jumped on me!

"I see that I have been sorely missed!"

"Of course, my bestie was away! How do you think I felt? Getting through these shifts was crazy and dude you so owe me. I picked up 2 of your shifts."

I grinned at Adam cheekily, thanking him for being so kind and that I missed him too.

"Well, I wasn't the only one who missed you too. Forth's friend, that guy? Park? He came by looking for you too."

"Park? He came by? Oh..."

Adam filled me in on how he came by looking for me, then grumpily buying the coffees for himself and Forth, grumbling over the prices. Yeaps, that sounded quite like Park. I laughed as I got ready for my shift. I was at the counter today and Adam was in the kitchen. I was busy churning out coffee orders when around 4pm, Park walked in.

"Hey.."

"Hey Park."

"How do you feel?"

"Much better now. Thank you for that day and for today too. And for the last few days.."

"Hmm, the last few days? Why so?"

"I heard all about the coffees."

Park winced, muttering Adam angrily. I laughed.

"Today's coffees are on me. What would you like?"

"The usual. Thank you."

I nodded and made the coffees.

"Hey, I was wondering, you doing anything tomorrow?"

" Why?"

"I was wondering, do you want to catch the movie we missed the other day? I'm sorry about that and wanted to make it upto you."

"You don't have to.. I don't exa...."

Park trailed off and I looked at him quizzically.

"Hmm?"

"I don't exactly have any plans tomorrow. So why not?"

"Nice! Let me get the tickets ok!"

"Sure. I can come pick you up?"

"That's cool. I gotta head by the University for a bit. So I see you straight at the theatre ok?'

Park nodded. He left after taking his coffees and I turned to a smirking Adam.

"Was that a date?"

"What? Uh noo. That's just 2 people going out."

Adam just rolled his eyes at me.

"Right...."

I smirked at Adam and went about my day. I knocked off around 7pm, wrapped myself up and left.

The next day, I stopped by the University to submit some documents before going to the theatre. I had finally gotten Park's number via Adam. It was weird going for a movie if I didn't even know how to contact him. I was waiting at the snacks counter when Park walked up.

"Hey.."

"Hello. How was your day Park?"

"Good. Yours?"

"Not too bad. I submitted my assignments. Was afraid I was going to be late."

"It's cool. You want any snacks?"

"I got us some. Is popcorn OK? I got you M&M's too plus the Snickerdoodle too."

"Why would you get so much?"

"I saw you holding onto all these the last time so figured these must be your favorites. You didn't get to have them the last time so making up for it."

I watched as Park's face changed like of embarrassment to exasperament.

"Is everything ok?"

"I only bought all those snacks to annoy Forth because he forced me for the movie the other day. It was just to make him pay."

"Owh. I.. I didn't realize.. I'm sorry I thought you missed the movie and wanted to make it up to you. You should have told me. We needn't have come. I feel like I forced you to. I'm sorry."

"Hey, no. I mean I'm happy to come today for the movie. I'm sorry I didn't mean to.."

I smiled, but I wasn't quite feeling it anymore. We went for the movie. I wasn't quite focused on it and Park could sense my discomfort.

"Hey. I'm sorry. I didn't want to go the other day because I wasn't in the mood and Forth really wanted to go with Adam for the movie but he knew Adam would reject as he had promised to watch it with you. So I went so that it be like a double date without being obvious?"

Shit, I felt my face turning hot. I wasn't even interested in guys!! Why would I be blushing?!

"Im sorry ok. But I really wanted to come today. I hope you know that."

I nodded. I was feeling a wee better and the rest of the movie became much more enjoyable. Post the flick, we went for dinner before Park offered to drop me off.

I waved off the offer and made my way to the subway station. Even though I didn't stay with my parents, I still visited them periodically to see my sister. Tonight my parents were out so I popped by to visit my sister.

Every single visit left me heavy hearted as it only accentuated the fact that I wasn't living with family who were literally next door and feeling like a loner despite having them. I was just glad my sister was ok.

I made my way home and had reached my door when I saw Park waiting outside.

"Hey, what are you doing here?"

"You left your jacket at the eatery. I was smoking when the lady came out with it. I tried calling you but it kept going to voicemail so I thought I would drop it off."

"Oh yea, sorry. My battery ran out. Thanks for this Park. You really shouldn't have."

"It's cool. Here you go."

Park handed me my jacket and smiled. I nodded, taking it, still feeling a little wrought from my visit earlier.

"You ok?"

"Yea I am. Why do you ask?"

"You just seem a little off?"

I smiled but didn't say anything, just shaking my head. Park looked at me but didnt push it.

"Well take care, see you around."

I nodded, clasping the jacket tightly in my hands as Park walked off. My eyes flitted to the jacket, my first gift from my dad when I had made it into university.

And the last one before we fell out.