Arthit

I woke up around 5am as usual, too used to the usual routine. I sat up blearily, looking at Park who was sleeping away.

A smile automatically flitted over my face when I saw him, his words of last night coming to mind. This guy was starting to grow on me and it only hit me during last night's conversation.

I tried combing my hair as usual and failed horribly whilst climbing out of the couch as quietly as possible, heading to the bathroom. I took my shower, changed into something comfortable and tied up my hair. I didn't have work today so I wanted to get my chores done and also some studying.

I went to the kitchen to put on the coffee machine and was busy making coffee and breakfast when I heard Park's voice, gruff in the morning.

"It's only 6.30am. Why are you up so early?"

I laughed as I turned to see Park, standing at my kitchen's entrance, holding onto the wall sleepily, looking all bleary and moody. I went over and just ruffled his hair. Park reciprocated by leaning his head on my shoulder. I was surprised by this and didn't know how to react. But barely 2 seconds later, my arms went around him and I held onto him and could feel his steady breaths hitting me softly.

"Why are you awake if you are still so sleepy?"

"But you are awake.."

"Silly. Go sleep first. I wake you up once breakfast is ready."

Park nodded and took off for the bed, flopping onto it tiredly. I smiled to myself as I turned back to whip up some breakfast for us. Ever since I had moved out on my own, this is the first time in a long while that I had cooked for someone else. It was a very sobering feeling.

About 2 hours later, when I had cleaned the kitchen and breakfast was ready, I woke Park up and tossed him a set of clothes. He took a shower and sat down at the table, looking a wee more fresher but still grumpy. I plonked a cup of coffee down in front of him and finally a smile flitted over his face briefly.

I laughed as I dished out breakfast for us.

"Finally, you are smiling. If I knew all it took was coffee, I would have gotten it earlier out to you."

"Arthiiiiit!" Park growled softly. I laughed. We had breakfast together and as I was clearing up, Park offered to help.

"Let me do the dishes."

"It's ok. I can handle it. Don't you have classes? Head on then."

"Hmm okays. You be fine cleaning up?"

"Yes I will be. Go on, scoot off. Have a good day ahead."

"Okays. I see you later okays? I should be done by 6pm, I come over with dinner?"

I looked at Park surprised. Did he not realize what he was saying?

"Sure? I see you later.."

Park nodded cheerfully and went off. But 5 minutes later, he came running back.

"Shit Arthit, I'm sorry, I'm so silly! I didn't realize..what.i mean..I see you when I see you I guess?"

Park kept stumbling and fumbling over his words. I looked at him keenly for a bit. It hit me that I didn't mind if he came back here. I actually welcomed it too. I went over to him and held onto his hand.

"Can I have ramen? Been craving it for a few days now."

Park looked at me surprised and nodded his head at me, blushing a little. I smiled at him and gave him a quick hug before pushing him out. I closed the door and leaned my head on it, trying to calm my wildly beating heart.

No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't soothe my beating heart and the smile that was permanently fitted on my face.

Coffee, Tea or Me?जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें