What It Takes to Be a Hero

Just like the NYC special ended, Eagle and Uncanny Valley stand before the almighty guardian, who demanded the Eagle miraculous back. "Hmm, so you wish to use these to create more heroes, so you can keep yours?" Guardian asked. "I mean, yes, but also because it would be awesome. Who would say no to being a hero?" Eagle asked back. "I can answer that. About 94% out accept being a hero." Uncanny Valley replied. "And what about the other 6%?" Guardian asked. "They would become a supervillain. I'm programmed to answer stuff like this via percentages." Uncanny Valley replied. "So, this thing here is some sort of answering machine?" Guardian asked. "She's a robot and my sister. I'm human, she is metal. [guardian looks so confused]. I assume you have absolutely no idea what that means?" Eagle asked back. "Not one bit. Anyway, we are getting sidetracked. I appreciate the commitment to wanting to be a hero, but tell me miss uh." Guardian replied. "Eagle. The name's Eagle." Eagle said. "Walker. Grandmaster Walker. I can explain the rest once you answer my question. Tell me why I should give you these powers, Eagle?" Grandmaster Walker asked. "First of all, being a hero was my dream, since my parents were heroes. Not with these jewels, but they were dope. I'm also smart, confident, can learn from my errors, and can be a good team leader when put in any situation. I can handle whatever comes my way." Eagle replied. "What about Essence?" Uncanny Valley asked, which makes Walker gasp. "Ok, it was our first time fighting that guy. We kicked his butt last time, so I don't see what the issue is now." Eagle replied. "I'm sorry to interrupt. Did you say Essence?" Grandmaster Walker asked. Both Eagle and UV nod their heads. "Now for my next question. Do you have a secured place I can stay at?" Grandmaster Walker asked.

    It cuts to Eagle and Uncanny taking Walker to an abandoned warehouse. Some rats, but the lighting works well at least. "[sniffs]. It smells like rotten meat in here." Walker said. "That's because it is. This was once a slaughterhouse. Now it's nothing, but a secured place like you asked." Eagle replied. Walker nearly hurls. "Now, explain. What seems to be the big deal with this Essence guy? He just seems like some masked dude who wants the miraculous for some reason." Uncanny Valley said. "Oh, there is more to this guy than you think. For me to explain, it will be better if Liiri came out. Your kwami, Eagle." Walker replied. "How do I know I can trust you on this exactly?" Eagle asked. "I'm the one holding a miracle box, with a staff, and the guardian logo. Also, why wouldn't I take your miraculous right then and there? And you even seemed to trust me. What is this? Out of nowhere character development?" Walker asked back. "Yeah. You have a good point. In that case, Aeon, de-transform." Eagle replied. She takes off her necklace, as Jess and Aeon are now back to normal. "The name is Jess." Jess said. "And I'm Aeon. Robotic sister to Jess." Aeon replied. "I still have a lot to learn. Anyway, Liiri. Long time no see buddy." Walker said. "Ahh, Walker. Thank Forbidden One I can see you again. It's been ages since I saw you and the others." Liiri replied. "Well, I'm glad we can see you again." Walker said. "Ok, ok. I get this is somewhat of an important reunion, but can you please explain who Essence is?" Jess asked. "Oh, sorry. Yes, we can." Liiri replied. "You described Essence as, some guy in a mask who wants the miraculous. That may seem true on the outside, but on the inside, he's much more than that. [pulls out a journal, and opens it up]. What matters is the symbol on his face. A red X with a diamond in the middle." Walker said. "And?" Aeon asked. "And, that's a major big deal. That is the symbol of one of our sworn enemies. [flips to the next page]. The Void. Back in Egyptian times, The Void was dedicated to getting not just one, but all miracle boxes. They intended to use them to break the seal on the tablet that contains, the Forbidden Power. It may seem weird, but in truth, serves a huge purpose. The Forbidden Power created everything miraculous related. Kwamis. Miracle boxes. Miraculous. It made them all when one man found them. And without it, none of this would be happening." Walker replied. "So, are you trying to say, Essence, the guy we fought some time ago, is part of a cult?" Jess asked. "Somewhat. I wouldn't say it's a cult, more like a clan. Either way, we thought they were gone for good. That we wouldn't have to fight any more of those masked freaks. Until now." Walker replied as he shows them a picture of Essence. "Essence." Aeon said. "Exactly. From what we know, he is the last member of The Void that is still at is. The others, seem to have moved on to other stuff. Seems The Void life wasn't worth it for them." Walker replied. "Cool." Jess said. "No! Not cool!" Walker yelled. "Geez, sorry. Didn't know he was that serious." Jess said. "Well here, it is serious. And you want to know why? I'll tell you. He has the tablet. [both girls and Liiri gasp]. As expected. And if he gets the miraculous, he has the perfect place to awaken the Forbidden Power. His lair, where we don't even know is at." Walker replied. "Jess, this is beyond serious. If he gets them all, he can have more power than anything in the world. Trust me, that power is better left to be forbidden than public." Liiri said. "Why. What happened to the last dude who had it?" Jess asked. "He wound up dead and buried when he tried to destroy the world. Hardcore am I right?" Liiri asked back. "Indeed." Jess replied. "So, what are you saying Walker? You're saying that this Void me ever won't stop until he gets what he wants, and this is the reason your ok to let others use the miraculous?" Aeon asked. "Yes. If he does come back, we can be ready for it. [looks at Jess]. However, I need to be sure I can trust this Jess with this mission." Walker replied. "What? Haven't I gained your trust enough? You must have seen me fight those clawers. I was on fire." Jess asked. "That is correct. However, it seems the only member of your team is your robotic sister that kind of freaks me out no offense. If you want me to trust you with these miraculous that you choose to pass out, then let's put it to a test. Find me people who seem worthy of these powers. People you can trust, and who seem capable of handling some of the greatest powers in the universe. If you succeed, then I will trust you. If not, then we have some work to do." Walker replied. "So even if I fail, I still get to make heroes?" Jess asked. "Do I have a choice? With Essence back, it's not clear if he will show up again. Don't let me down ok?" Walker asked back. "I won't. I can guarantee that." Jess replied with confidence.