A Spoiled Defeat

We start back in Wilson's meeting area.  The one where he meets with Crystallized, who is standing there nervous as all heck.  "You've been going great, my friend.  Really, great.  I was this close, this close, to tripling your payment.  But now, I want to burn all that cash right in front of you.  Because, HOW CAN YOU LOSE AGAINST THE HEROES, WHEN THEY WERE LOSING SO WELL?!"  Wilson asked in rage.  "[jumps in fear].  I'm sorry sir.  They got me good.  But next time, I'm going to crush them like crystals.  Breaking them into little pieces, and finally getting you those miraculous."  Crystallized replied.  "You will bring me their miraculous.  Just not this time.  Don't worry, I'll finally appeal to my goal.  Listen carefully.  I'm currently working on a new TETG for NYC. It may seem it's going to help us, but in truth, it will serve as the perfect way to draw out all those heroes to face you." Wilson said. "But, can't I do that normally on the streets?" Crystallized asked. "Of course, except one, apparently the one I made for Paris got hacked by Shadowmoth. So when the public sees this, they will go, we don't want this Wilson. We will get hacked, and die. I'll simply tell them I upgraded the machine, so no hacks can break in. Of course, I'm lying. And two, the one is designed for a much bigger purpose. Connected to this machine is a room full of newly mined amethyst. Strong enough to give you power that you can never imagine. With it, you will be an unstoppable menace. Allowing you to kill them, and bring me their miraculous." Wilson replied. "About that. Sir, you do realize these are kids we are fighting." Crystallized said. "And?" Wilson asked. "And, we will be killing kids if this happens," Crystallized replied. "That is correct, but money and power are more important than mercy. Unless you want me to strip you of this gift. And trust me, I can easily find a replacement today if I wanted. The real question you need to ask is, will I commit to the plan?" Wilson asked. "[sighs]. I understand sir." Crystallized replied. "Good. In the meantime, you will cause your mayhem. Don't disappoint me today." Wilson said in a threatening way. Crystallized walks away, and Wilson then makes a phone call.

    That phone call is going straight to an earpiece for Moon Fang, who is on a rooftop overlooking a jewelry store. "Hey, kid. You hear me?" Wilson asked. "Loud and clear." Moon Fang replied. "Nice. Are you at the jewelry store?" Wilson asked. "[sighs]. Yes." Moon Fang replied. "Perfect. You understand the assignment. Bring me the red Rudy inside, as well as the other parts needed, and I'll let you go. We can both forget your little Noir act ever happened at ReX." Wilson said. "I can easily snitch on you. You know that. I've seen enough evidence to make everyone see you for who you are." Moon Fang replied. "And I have enough evidence to show the world who you are, son of The Vessel. Commit to the assignment, or else." Wilson said in a threatening tone. Moon Fang then obeys. He pulls out a red ruby from his pocket. "If you need a ruby, why not the one you gave me?" Moon Fang asked. "The one you're about to steal is a very rare, and powerful red ruby. Enough to help me with my next project. Just, hurry up, before you get caught." Wilson ordered.  "Scent of a Leader."  Moon Fang said as he uses his powers.  With one sniff, a trail of all the red rubies in the area form.  With that, Moon Fang moves in to get the jewel.

Back at school, Jess, Aeon, and her whole team so far are outside sitting by the fountain.  "So you finally got the Raven back?"  Arkin asked.  "It was, well, a bit hard, but I can see why Black Feather did it.  [sees James smile, and nods at her].  Therefore, I'll allow him to stay, if he at least tells me next time if he was going to do what he was going to do."  Jess replied.  "What did he even do?"  Erin asked.  "Summon ghost, but we both learned the ghost get more anger the longer they stayed dead."  Jess replied.  "Pfff, I would have easily taken those ghosts out with my bare hands.  I would have gone, bang, boom, bop, and they would go, ah, ah, ah."  Saul said.  "I'm sure they would possess you, then kill you."  James replied.  "Your lucky I can't push you into this foundation."  Saul said.  "Easy, Saul.  So, I heard that Aeon and the other heroes took out Crystallized."  Jess replied.  "Partly.  They did give him a good beating, he just escaped, unfortunately.  Still, nice to see the heroes getting some credit back."  Travis said.  "Not to mention, they had a new hero as well.  Named Silver Talon.  The dude was a real steal.  Get it?  Real steal?"  Arkin asked.  "That's not a good joke.  This is.  I got my son a trampoline for his Bday.  That little turd just sat in his wheelchair, and cried the whole time."  James replied.  "I'm honestly surprised how you didn't get canceled yet."  Saul said.  "It's just a joke.  I wouldn't legit do what my jokes say.  I simply use them for comfort.  And they are funny."  James replied.  "Well, well, well.  If it isn't the nerdy heroes and the outcasts."  Quinn said as he rolls up.  "Of course.  What do you want Quinn?"  Aeon asked.  "Just to come to say hi to my old friends."  Quinn replied.  "I just puked in my mouth."  Jess said.  "Pfff, you think I can be insulted by people I'm better than?  Please.  [looks at James].  Say, James.  You love jokes right?"  Quinn asked.  "Dark humor ones, so yes."  James replied.  "Well, I got a joke for you.  [pushes James into the fountain].  The joke is that an emo like you hasn't ended his life yet."  Quinn said as he laughs.  Soon, Saul and Arkin get up, and both are both Quinn in the nose.  Quinn falls to the ground in pain.  "Back off our friend, jerk!"  Saul yelled.  "Yeah.  We don't need douches like you trying to make fun of us.  [walks over, and helps James out].  You good bro?"  Arkin asked.  "I'm fine.  Thanks, Arkin."  James replied.  "You scum!  Be lucky I can't punch you.  Would ruin my football status."  Quinn said.  "We just punched you, and nothing happened.  All that happened was you getting your panties in a bunch."  Saul replied.  Quinn growls, before he storms off in a rage.  "So glad he ain't getting a miraculous."  Aeon said.  "Me too.  Also, is it just me, or did I see a good glimpse of friendship there?"  Jess asked.  "Huh?  Your right.  That was so nice of you to stand up for James."  Aeon replied.  "We had to."  Saul said.  "I mean, sure James is a freak with the jokes, but let's just say after a heavenly event, it kind of changed me in a way.  Made me want to be a better comrade for my team."  Arkin replied.  "Whatever that is, got me too.  After all, I am military material.  Even for people like you guys."  Saul said.  "Yeah, same here.  At first, all I wanted was to be a hero.  Now that I got it, it made me want to be a better friend."  Erin replied.  "Me too."  Travis replied.  "Huh?  Guess the miraculous do change people."  Jess said.  "Yeah.  Maybe it can change you as well, Jess."  Aeon replied.  "Uhhh, what do you mean change?"  Jess asked.  "Well, you are kind of not the best team leader.  You are still upset at the whole made fun of the thing.  And well, some of your direction isn't the best."  Aeon replied.  "Screw you then!  [gets up].  I know what I'm doing!  I know how to be a hero!  You guys just don't see it!  Even you, sis!"  Jess yelled.  "Geez, no need to be a Quinn."  Erin replied.  Jess then growls before she walks away in a rage.  "Well, smooth.  We have a new Quinn and a new Tessa on our team."  James said.