Shameless Plug - My ONC Stories

My ONC stories – all sci-fi, LGBT, romance novellas

Inside Man – the Sixth ONC

SHORTLISTED. Paul wakes to discover that not only is he feeling horribly sick but, more worryingly, the naked stranger in his bed isn't moving. If only he could remember what happened...My story for the ONC 2023, a thriller scifi adventure, with a touch of romance. (SciFi /Adventure / LGBT)

~~~~

The Mirror Mage - the Fifth ONC

LONGLISTED! Lucian Wentworth disappeared in 1819. Was he escaping a loveless marriage or was it something more sinister? No one believes the valet's story that his master vanished into an antique mirror. Until Ben Lucas visits Wentworth Manor and meets the same fate in 2022. Now stuck in a world full of magic and dangers, Ben needs to learn the secret behind the mirrors if he ever wants to return home, but politics and the summer solstice could easily foil his plans.
Mirrorpunk Romantic/ SciFi/ Fantasy/ LGBT

~~~~

The Clockmaker's Shadow - the Fourth ONC

(HONORABLE MENTION) Rik Sandro is a dimension traveller. Jumping from one version of the world to another was intriguing at first, until he discovered he can never go home. Now all these new beginnings are just a pain. Maybe it's time to stay in one place. Maybe it's time to settle down. Maybe it's time to fall in love. However, when his latest lover is murdered, Rik fears that he's being stalked and now, he might not have any control over how, where, or when, his life will end. (HONORABLE MENTION and ROUND TWO WINNER ONC2021) A clockpunk adventure, my entry for the ONC 2021. (Clockpunk / LGBTQ / Romance / Horror)

~~~~

The Janus Project – the Third ONC

(TOP FOUR WINNER) "Can I suggest you remove the fangs?" the jester added with a grin. "Otherwise, this will be a kiss neither of us will forget any time soon!"When undercover investigator Kai Ewans is sent to Londa to hunt down a serial killer, he doesn't expect to fall in love with the lead detective on the case at a fancy dress party.Detective Ash Calvin is attracted to Kai, if only he didn't have so many secrets!

Will this story have a happy ending or will one of our heroes become the next victim?

(Steampunk / LGBT / Romance / Crime)

~~~~

Dangerous Love – the Second ONC

(TOP FIVE WINNER!!) Patrick Morgan didn't usually invite strangers home, but when he saw Harlan camping out in the space terminal, he was prepared to make an exception. Breaking the rules seemed like a good idea at the time, but then-

(My entry for the Open Novella Contest 2019. Using prompt 4 under 'Romance'.

LGBT romantic sci-fi)

~~~~

Vanish - the First ONC
(ONC FINALIST)

Aled is a gay man in a soldier's uniform. Unhappy with the turn his country is taking, Aled seizes the opportunity to enter a mysterious portal into the strange, primitive world of Thera. Finding himself trapped there, Aled discovers Marius, a man left to wander blindly in the wilderness. Surrounded by intrigue, Aled and Marius must find a way to trust each other, to save both themselves and Thera's Lady.

(Finalist for the Open Novella Contest 2017/8. Sci-Fi and LGBT)