Chapter 7

The next morning was spent in a kind of organised chaos. Somehow the trios things had spread throughout the house and Ron had lost his transfiguration homework. Eventually with a little help from Fia they were packed and flooed to the three broomsticks where Madam Rosemerta was waiting to let them out into hogsmeade. A short walk later and they came upon an interesting site parked next to the Beauxbatons carriage was a expensive looking motor home.

It's modern style completely out of context with the castle and forest as a back drop. Fia appeared and took the luggage and told them that they would be late for breakfast if they didn't hurry. The trio ran off to eat in the great hall while Iris, Sirius and Remus went to checkout their temporary new home.

            ----------------------------

Albus sat at in the hall gloomily eating his breakfast. Things were all going wrong. He was supposed to have Harry under his thumb this tournament was perfect as a tool to keep Harry the meek and mild easily moldable boy who would follow his every lead. Mr Weasley pulling away from him had only added to the boys isolation. But that damn woman had to go and ruin it all. And now he had to put up with her being around for the rest of the school year. Poking her nose in where it was not wanted and her habit of arguing with him at every turn and coming out on top frustrated him to the point during the last war he had developed a facial twitch every time she spoke.
As he sat brooding over his breakfast the trio came through the doors and hurried over to the Gryffindor table. Albus observed the three and was undoubtedly sour at the happy glow around them.
How could he guide the boy on to the right path now? That meddling woman would thwart his every attempt to get close to Harry now.

            ---------------------------

Whilst Albus sat gloomily brooding over the sight of the happy trio Minerva sat trying to hide her inner glee at the sight of Harry's bright green eyes and smile. A look she had not seen on the boys face since first year. That thought made her scowl, that interfering old goat had put far too much pressure on the young child.
Smirking into her cup of tea she silently planned her revenge. Gryffindor she may be but she had a cunning streak that could rival any Slytherin when her anger was roused.
She was shocked out of her planning by a burst of laughter from the students. Looking up from her plate she could see them pointing and laughing at the head master.
Albus was coloured in a tiedye that was neon green yellow and pink and his hair was flashing between all of the colours in a sickly whirl.
The flash of Colin Creevey's camera had Dumbledore exiting the hall with a furious look on his face. As she was about to call the hall back to order her eyes caught the potion master's who looked decidedly smug as did Filius. The combined power of the two of them would see the headmaster sulking in his office for days.
Finally pulling things together she called for order and reminded the children that while it may be funny pranks are not to be encouraged by the student body.
Her words might have had more weight if she had managed to keep the grin off of her face while she said it.

         -‐---------------------------------

Harry and his friends had just sat down when there was a avalanche of questions erupting from his house mates. They were full of queries about his aunt and uncle Lord and Lady Black. What would be happening now and what training would he be given. Harry was just about ready to shut them all up when laughter sprung up around them. A glance at the head table had them in stitches. Dumbledore had his skin tie-dyed a rainbow of neon colours and his hair and beard was flashing through the same cycle of colours as his skin. It was an eye watering combo with the man's galaxy starred robes. Hermione was desperately trying and failing not to laugh but Ron was half falling off the bench with his brothers. Mcgonagall's subsequent scolding didn't have much of a effect as the entire hall could see her barely hidden glee. Harry also noted the almost hidden pride in both Professor's Flitwick and morre surprisingly Snape. Had they had something to do with this? Harry wondered quietly. He hoped the meddling old man would get what's coming to him.