Neighbours

(Ranboo pov)

I was editing my newest video which was Minecraft hide and seek but in a gravity falls map. It was good but not good enough. I need to entertain everyone and make an incredible video that no one will click off of, even if one person clicks off it's not good enough. It needs to be perfect. I clicked on my channel logo. A blue background with my name in half black half white with a crown on the R and a little black butterfly floating above it. I clicked upload and watched as the views came in.

"Ran, I know your in there. The video was amazing. Maybe come downstairs, Tubbo made lunch." Aimsey spoke with a soft voice. I was hungry and after Tubbo took a few "cooking courses" his cooking was unmatched to anyone on the street. Turns out YouTube reruns of master chef can teach you too cook.

The sad thing was that there was no one left in the street too cook for. Tubbo wanted to cook for everyone and have big street events with food and fun. Everyone left though after hearing about me and my story. They were scared of me thinking I was crazy. The parents disapproved of me and the kids thought I was ripped from a horror movie. My face bore scarring from the pain and the electric shocks endives by the mask showfall made me wear.

I was truly tempted too give up sometimes, I mean what reason did I have too live. I had to keep going though. There was not a single off click on the video but 300 of the 1.2 million hadn't liked meaning I hadn't done a good enough job. "I need to keep going the video was not good enough and I need my content to be perfect."

My content was the only thing keeping me sane. I needed it too be perfect. It was the only thing in my life that showfall didn't ruin. I had too start my accounts over as showfall deleted them but pretty quickly my old fan base returned. I told them my story and many left but from those who stayed I grew a safe and happy following. They keep me going in life seeing all their fan content and happy comments. I owe it too then too give the best content. I must give them the best I can. And yet what I can do just isn't enough-

Aimsey cut my thoughts off. "So how's the video doing. . ."

"It's not good enough."

"Ran your video was posted 30 minutes ago and it has 1.2 million views already and 1.1 million comments all saying how amazing it was and how it was some of the best content on the platform, please come out your room. This isn't healthy."

"No Aimsey I can't come out, I can't come out till my videos are good enough and right now their not! I need to keep going."

"you know, your friend wouldn't like this. That friend you had, Levi. That one who saved you so many times and you owe your life too. Imagine if all their efforts went to waste because you didn't take care of yourself. I would never forgive myself if you ruined your health and I couldn't stop you because I couldn't get you out of your room. so get out right now, eat some bloody lasagne, drink some water and go outside to eat it."

I heard a small sob follow. I hated seeing Aimsey upset so I trudged out of my room for the first time in 3 days. At least there's lasagne this time. Aimsey exploded with joy when I came out and gave me a huge hug. I returned it and went down the stairs to find a hot steaming lasagne, with garlic bread and peas waiting on the kitchen table.

We took the food outside to the patio table to eat whilst we admired Tubbo's handywork in the garden and pretending to like Aimsey's patch for fear of hurting their feelings. Since the incident my senses developed like crazy and it made me only feel more sorry for Levi. I could hear everything around me and it was horrible. They always talked off how the autism made every day surroundings too much too bear but I never knew someone could experience something like this. I heard a beeping sound which was a reversing vehicle but I wasn't sure what it was. Did they invite everyone over for a huge surprise party again. Last time I nearly fainted because of the sheer noise and light radiating from the house. Luckily it wasn't a party. Unluckily we have neighbours now. I got so used to only having one other house on the street occupied and the old lady within it being too terrified to even venture to our side of the road. So having someone right next door to us was gonna be interesting. I'd probably just scare them off. My window faced the window of the neighbouring house directly meaning whoever got that bedroom on the second floor would be able to peep in and see my horrific face. Sometimes I just wish I could cut it off. Worse than that, knowing Aimsey they will all be regularly attending our house for dinners and activities forcing me to socialize and drag me away from my work. I will not be dragged away from my work. My work is my life and it needs to be undistracted.

Aimsey and Tubbo saw the new people snd decided to chat to the neighbours whilst I hid by the front door. They gave me disapproving looks whilst Tubbo and Aimsey's heads were turned. Tubbo and Aimsey went over. There was a mother and father who were in their late fifties. Behind them stood a smug looking boy a year or two younger than me and. . .

I was just listening to Tubbo trying different icebreakers such as what's your worst fear? "Mine is buried alive or betrayed by a true love" exclaimed Tubbo with a bit too much energy.

Someone was inside the moving truck, wearing a mask like my cloth one but all black. Their hair was curly at the top with blue accents and was a bit like an overgrown. They wore a black and red jacket. They were locked inside the truck and couldn't get out. "Excuse me your child appears to be stuck in the truck still."  I can't believe I did that. Should have kept quiet because I appeared to have offended the neighbours.

"She hasn't earnt the right to be out yet, plus we need to proof her room before she can go in."

proof her room? what? also what kind of sick people lock their daughter in the moving truck?? I can't believe I'm doing this. "She could stay with me till her room is ready? It must be very stuffy in that car. It would also be nice to get to know you guys" oh god I just agreed too let a stranger into my room. So much for ignoring them.

"No, I don't like you, stay away from our family. Your that weird YouTuber who disappeared for three years and is no sooo traumatised. Your gonna make her worse so stay away!." The mother pushed me back and I slumped back to the house. She had every right of course. I look like a psycho. Hair overgrown and matted. Clothes worn thin and raggedy. Eyes bloodshot. Face scarred beyond repair. I looked like a crazy person.

Something about these neighbours feels weird. Y'know.

Something