8.The Long Awaited Meeting

I wanted to meet her in person so bad, and she too longed to meet me as soon as possible. The distance between us seemed insurmountable, with a thousand kilometers separating us. But despite the distance, I made up my mind that I would meet her soon, no matter what.

The opportunity arose when I had my flight ticket booked a month in advance to visit my cousin sister during the summer holidays. Coincidentally, my sister lived in the same state in India as my girlfriend, and her home was just a hundred kilometers away from my sister's place.

The anticipation grew as the days passed. After my mid-term exams, the summer holidays finally arrived. It was the day I would embark on my first solo flight, a nerve-wracking experience but also an exhilarating one. Not only was I flying for the first time, but I would also be meeting my girlfriend in person for the very first time.

To make the moment even more special, my girlfriend and I decided to meet on the 21st of May, which marked our third month together. It held a significant place in our hearts, and I eagerly counted down the days while spending six days at my sister's home, jogging with her every morning.

However, my family was hesitant about sending me alone on a bus, unaware of my relationship. They knew my girlfriend as my online best friend. But my brother-in-law came to the rescue, offering to drop me off at her home.

Finally, the long-awaited day arrived. It was the stroke of midnight on the 21st of May, and my girlfriend and I exchanged heartfelt anniversary wishes through text messages. Early in the morning, around 8 am, my family and I began our journey to her home. My heart raced with excitement as we traveled, still trying to grasp the reality of the situation.

After a two-hour journey, with my girlfriend guiding us through the lanes, my brother-in-law parked the car in front of her home. As I stepped out of the car, my eyes widened in awe. There she was, walking towards me, wearing a white top and denim shorts. Without hesitation, I reached out and hugged her tightly. The moment was surreal, the best feeling I had ever experienced.

Accompanied by my family, I followed her into her home, placing my bag in the corner. I greeted her family members, feeling a mixture of emotions flooding my heart and body. The realization that I was now in her house, just a few steps away from her, sent waves of butterflies through my stomach.

As we stood in such close proximity, I knew that this was the beginning of something extraordinary. The long-distance struggles and yearning for each other were finally put to rest. Our love had transcended the virtual world, and from that day forward, we would create countless memories together, hand in hand.