Chapter 4

Luna sat down on the bumpy rocks resting her hand on her stomach, and watched the suns dip below the horizon. She'd been waiting for Obi-Wan a while now, and she was starting to get worried. Obviously he had a job, but he would've been home by now.

As the minutes ticked by. Luna's worry turned to anxiety. She started pacing back and forth, her heart racing with every passing moment.
Finally she heard the sniffling of their eopie, and she knew it was Obi-Wan.

She ran back outside the cave and saw Obi-Wan walking over to her.
She threw her arms around him, her arms very shaky.

"What took you so long?" She asked worryingly, then letting go of him.

"I'm sorry, but this should explain it."
Obi-Wan reached in his back pocket and grabbed a basic gold colored ring.
"Will you marry me?"

Luna gasped, while a few tear went down her face. She looked at the ring, then back to Obi-Wan, and nodded. "Yes." She said, her voice barely above a whisper.

Obi-Wan smiled and took Luna's hand and slid the ring on her finger.
Obi-Wan then reached back into his pocket and pulled out another ring that was the same color as Luna's.
He handed it over to her. She took a look at, and grabbed his hand slipping the ring on.

"No matter what I will always love you, Luna Kenobi."

Luna smiled at the fact Obi-Wan used his last name and not hers.

"And I will always love you no matter what, Obi-Wan Kenobi."

Luna smiled, her heart overflowing with happiness, and kissed him.
She knew that they had a long road ahead of them, but she also knew that they would face it together.

                                  ♡

Later that night Obi-Wan woke up with a startle. His heart racing and his breathing heavy. He looked around the cave, taking in the familiar surroundings, and tried to calm himself down. But the images from his nightmare were still fresh in his mind, and he couldn't shake the feeling of dread that had settled in his chest.

He turned to look at Luna, her back was facing him. He turned his head back forward. Quietly move in the blankets off of himself, he turned around putting his feet off the mat and ran his fingers through his hair.

Luna quietly rolled over and saw Obi-Wan's back facing her.
"Another nightmare?" She questioned sitting up.

Obi-Wan was startled form the sudden talking for a moment,  he moved his hand away from his hair and put it on the mat. He turned his head looking at Luna.

"Yeah um, what are you doing up?" He questioned.

Luna moved the blankets off of her. And sat next to Obi-Wan. "I haven't really been able to sleep." She said, taking Obi-Wan hand into hers. "Wanna talk about it?"

"It's nothing." Obi-Wan sighed. "Just memories I'd rather forget."

Luna gently squeezed his hand. "You don't have to keep everything bottled up. I'm here for you."

Obi-Wan looked at her with a mixture of gratitude and guilt. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to burden you with my problems."

Luna shook her head. "It's not a burden. It's what I'm here for. You're my husband, and Iove you."

Obi-Wan took a deep breath and closed his eyes, trying to push back the memories away. But they kept coming back, haunting him. "I feel guilty." Obi-Wan finally said. "About what happened to, Anakin."

Luna's expression softened. "Obi-Wan, you did what you had to do. And I know it wasn't easy. But Anakin chose that path."

Obi-Wan nodded slowly. "I know. But it's hard to forget. I wish things had been different."

Luna leaned in and kissed him gently on the cheek. 'I know. I wish things were different too. But we can't change the past. We can only move forward together. And I'm here for you, always."

Obi-Wan looked at Luna, feeling grateful for her understanding and support. He leaned in and kissed her, feeling the warmth of her lips against his. She wrapped her arms around him, holding him close.

They layed back down in silence for a few moments,  wrapped in each other's arms.  Obi-Wan felt a sense of peace each over him,  knowing that Luna was there for him no matter what. He closed his eyes and let him relax, feeling the tension on his body start to ease.

After a while Luna spoke up. "Do you want to talk more about your nightmares?"

Obi-Wan hesitated for a moment before nodding. "Yes, I think so."

"Okay, I'm listening."

Obi-Wan took a deep breath and began to tell her about the nightmares that had been plaguing him for days now. Luna listened attentively, her hand resting on his arm, offering comfort and support.

As he spoke, Obi-Wan felt the weight of his burdens start to lift. He knew that he still had a long way to go, but having Luna there to listen made all the difference. He felt very greatful for her love and support.