The Start Of It All

"Do you really think we should send him?" Beetle asked, her voice filled with concern.

"He's our friendliest dragonet," Moth replied with a reassuring nod. "If there's anyone out there, he's bound to make them his friend."

"That could also lead to danger, Moth," Beetle insisted.

"We have to send him," Moth responded firmly.

The two SilkWing dragons glanced over at Dragonfly, who was paying them no mind. He was slowly flexing his wings, captivated by the way the sunlight danced across them, shifting from one shade of blue to another.

"Dragonfly, come here," Moth beckoned, waving him over.

The young dragonet hopped to his feet and trotted over, his wings fanning gently as he moved. "Yes?"

"We have a mission for you," Moth began, choosing his words carefully. "We need you to find out if there are other dragons beyond Pantala."

Dragonfly's brow furrowed in confusion. "What does that mean?"

"It means you're leaving Pantala," Beetle said, her green-blue scales glistening. She could see the surprise in his eyes, so she quickly added, "But think of the adventure! You'll get to meet new dragons, make new friends!"

"Really? You're sending me away?" he asked, his voice a mix of shock and excitement.

"To help, Dragonfly. You're not being sent away because we don't want you here; you're being sent because you're the best dragon for the job." Beetle tapped her talon on the table in front of her to emphasize her point. "Think of all the new dragons you'll meet!"

"Tomorrow, right, Beetle?" Moth hummed, keeping the mood light.

Beetle nodded. "Yes, that means you should get some sleep. Tomorrow will be a big day." She shooed him off to his sleeping quarters.

Dragonfly walked away slowly, his mind buzzing with questions. Who would he meet? What would he see? Would he even find other dragons?

He arrived at his bed and lay down, his wings twitching with anticipation. It didn't take long for him to drift into sleep, dreaming of distant lands and dragons yet to be discovered. A journey filled with promise, but also uncertainty, lay ahead.