Oh My God There's Sand In My Eyes

Dreamcatcher and Dragonfly were deep in conversation when the cave's atmosphere shifted. A sharp breeze swept through the entrance, carrying the scent of dry earth and smoke. Dragonfly turned to see a russet-colored dragon, his scales a deep shade of red, stalking into the cave with a fierce glare. Beside him was another dragon, her scales sand-colored with a distinctive barb at the tip of her tail.

Pineapple leaped up, his scales shifting to a sunny yellow. "Hey, Falcon! Hey, Fennec!" he called, waving enthusiastically. "We've got a visitor from Pantala!"

Falcon's glare intensified as he sized up Dragonfly, his wings flaring slightly in an aggressive posture. "What's a Pantalan doing here?" he growled, his voice low and threatening.

Fennec, the SandWing, looked Dragonfly up and down with a skeptical expression. "Pantala? That's across the sea," she said, her tail flicking with interest. "What brings you to Pyrrhia, little SilkWing?"

Dragonfly felt a knot of anxiety form in his chest. These new dragons seemed far less friendly than Dreamcatcher and Pineapple. He glanced at Dreamcatcher for reassurance, and she nodded subtly, signaling that he should speak up.

"I—I came here to see if there are other dragons," Dragonfly stammered, trying to keep his voice steady. "I'm on a mission to explore and find out if there's life beyond Pantala."

Falcon narrowed his eyes. "And you just happened to stumble into Pyrrhia?" he asked, his tone dripping with suspicion.

Pineapple stepped in, his scales turning a calming shade of green. "Falcon, relax! Dragonfly's cool. He's just here to explore, and he's been really nice. No need to be so grumpy."

Falcon snorted, his tail lashing. "This isn't a place for curious SilkWings," he snapped. "You should go back to Pantala while you still can."

Fennec, though less hostile than Falcon, still seemed wary. "Falcon, give him a break," she said, her voice more measured. "He's just a dragonet. No harm in hearing him out."

Dreamcatcher intervened, her voice soothing yet firm. "Falcon, Fennec, let's not jump to conclusions. Dragonfly is our guest, and we're here to help him with his mission." She turned to Dragonfly. "These two are Falcon, a SkyWing, and Fennec, a SandWing. Don't mind Falcon; he's always a bit on edge."

Falcon huffed but didn't say anything more. Fennec nodded to Dragonfly, her demeanor softening slightly. "Well, if Dreamcatcher vouches for you, I suppose we can give you a chance," she said, her barb-tipped tail curling. "Just don't wander off too far. Pyrrhia can be dangerous for outsiders."

Dragonfly nodded, grateful for her words. He knew he had to be cautious, especially around dragons like Falcon, but he also knew that Dreamcatcher and Pineapple had his back. He would need to earn the trust of these new dragons, and that would take time. For now, he would focus on learning as much as he could about Pyrrhia and its inhabitants. His journey had taken an intriguing turn, and he was determined to make the most of it.