Prologue - The Cloning Incident

Chapter includes:
-Syringes/needles
-Mentions of blood
-Violence
------------------------------------------------------------

During BFDI

"To Leafy:
Meet me at my factory in one hour. Do not be late.
-Golfball"

Leafy stood at the entrance of Golfball's Underground Factory, waiting patiently. She'd arrived on time (she hoped), now all that was left was the sport globule who's project she volunteered for.

After a few minutes of waiting, a small, armless figure came into view. Now, standing at the top of the stairs, was Golfball. "Hi, Golfball!" The botanical object grinned, waving at her. "Hello, Leafy. You're here on time."

Golfball did not smile back. Being all nice and friendly like Leafy was never her strong-suit. Leafy didn't mind, though. "Come with me." The globule nodded her 'head' in the direction of the stairs behind her, before turning around and descending into the factory below.

Leafy hesitated, seeing the absolute insane amount of stairs there were. The leaf took a deep breath in, and ran down to catch up with her dimpled, spherical friend.

"You built all this, huh?" Leafy looked around the factory as the pair went down the winding staircase, admiring it, but not appreciating how smokey the air smelled to her. "It looks great."

"Affirmative." Golfball turned slightly in the botanical object's direction, her voice holding a sternness equal to her gaze. "It encourages inspiration, creation, and innovation. Everyone should have a factory. You should build one, Leafy."

"Oh, well, I've never been into that sorta stuff-.." Leafy rubbed the back of her 'head', smiling with some nervousness. "I'll consider it, though!"

"Hm." Was all the globule replied with. They finally reached the ground floor of the factory, and Golfball picked up the speed a little. "Just this way. Expect this to go by quickly, I'll just need DNA and various data from you."

The leaf gave her a nod and an "Okie-dokie!" before the two objects stopped in a sector with various tools. "While the factory's prime function is to be, of course, a factory, it also functions as a laboratory. I have all the equipment I need."

GB picked up a syringe with her foot. "Your arm." Leafy blinked, before realizing with an "Oh." and extending her arm out to let the syringe poke it. She hoped it wouldn't hurt too much.

"So, uh," Her curiosity started to rise. "What will my clone, you know, be like?"

The globule took a good portion of blood from Leafy's arm (which she didn't even know objects had) and retracted the needle. "In every aspect, you."

"Ooooh. So I'll have another me to talk to?" Her eyes lit up, even though the answer was obvious.

"Me and Tennis Ball will probably have to run some basic tests on her before letting her leave the factory, but afterward, yes." A small, but proud smile crept onto the globule's face, to Leafy's satisfaction.

"Well, I'm definitely excited. What about you? What if you cloned yourself? Ooh, I bet you'd get more work done that way!" Chatter and questions spilled out of her freely. "Can you clone inanimate objects? Like, ones that aren't alive? OOOH! What if you cloned Dream Island?"