chapter 1

Jungkook had always been one of those people who  saw the world upside down, but now he found himself quite literally experiencing it. Bound tightly by ropes around his waist and legs, he swung back and forth, the blood rushing to his brain as he struggled to complete the daring heist.

"Uh... so close," he muttered, frustration evident in his voice.

"What's taking you so long?" a strained whisper came from above. Jungkook strained his neck to look in the direction of the voice. The moonlight created a silhouette of the man, and Jungkook could see his hands struggling with the ropes to hold himself up.

"I'm trying. Give me a minute, Jimin," Jungkook replied, his voice strained.

"I've given you five of those already. If you don't hurry up, I might as well leave you here," Jimin retorted, impatience creeping into his tone.

Jungkook swung again with all his might, finally reaching his target—the Star of Eden. A jewel they didn't particularly care about, but the high level of protection surrounding it made it all the more appealing.

"Pull me up," Jungkook called out, his head dizzy as he stood on the roof of the palace. He glanced around, taking in the breathtaking view. The high walls, the beautifully shaped castles, and the stars shining brightly above—Jungkook couldn't help but be mesmerized.

Alarms suddenly blared, jolting him back to reality. "Not the time to be admiring the view! Let's go!" Jimin leaped onto the other roof, urging Jungkook to follow.

"Next time then," Jungkook murmured to himself, his excitement momentarily subdued. He quickly joined Jimin, their faces hidden behind masks, and ropes hanging from their backs—telltale signs of their thieving ways. Their skilled movements proved their expertise as they maneuvered through the winding streets, the clatter of armor and shouts of pursuers echoing behind them.

Jimin's laughter filled the night air as they sprinted, the knights growing closer with each passing moment. "Jungkook, remind me why we thought stealing the Star of Eden was a good idea again?"

Jungkook flashed a mischievous grin. "Because, we're known for our impeccable taste and the thrill of danger. Besides, how often does an opportunity like this come knocking?"

"Right, I forgot we're the epitome of daring," Jimin replied, sarcasm dripping from his words. "But maybe next time, we could settle for a less guarded treasure. Like a jar of pickles or something."

The knights closed in, their pursuit relentless. As they darted into a narrow alleyway, Jungkook's sharp eyes spotted a stack of crates blocking their path. "Jimin, be ready to jump!"

Jimin prepared himself, his anticipation evident. They reached the crates, and with perfect synchronization, they leaped. But just as Jimin was about to jump, he was unexpectedly pulled back by a pair of strong arms. Jimin found himself falling to the ground, the knight pinning his arms.

"You're quick, but I'm quicker," the knight sneered.

"Ji—" Jungkook turned around, only to see Jimin trapped.

"Run away! I'll meet you later!" Jimin yelled, his voice filled with urgency.

The knight scoffed and reached for Jimin's mask, but his eyes caught sight of a scar on Jimin's exposed hip. Surprised, the knight hesitated, giving Jimin the right opportunity to push and kick the man's shin before making a desperate escape.

The Knight yelled out in pain and the other knight came running to him, "Yoongi are you alright?"

"Those thieves think they can outwit me?" Yoongi one of the knights, growled, his armor clanking with each step. "Not a chance. I'll have them in chains before they can even blink."

As Jungkook sprinted away, the sounds of the chase thundering behind him, his heart ached for leaving Jimin behind. But he knew that their bond and their shared adventures would guide them back to each other.

will the separated allies get back together?