chapter 3

Jungkook groaned as he slowly regained consciousness. His head throbbed from the impact of the frying pan, and he blinked his eyes open, trying to make sense of his surroundings. As his vision cleared, he realized he was no longer standing freely in the tower. Instead, he found himself tied up, seated on the cold stone floor, with his back against the wall.

Before him stood the young man who had attacked him, his silver hair shining in the dim light that filtered through a small window. The stranger held a knife to Jungkook's throat, his eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"Well, well, look who's finally awake," the young man said with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

Jungkook's eyes darted around the room, assessing his situation. "Oh, great," he muttered sarcastically. "I was hoping for a princess to enjoy some quality time with, but I guess an encounter with a charming captor is just as thrilling."

The young man, arched an eyebrow, a faint smile playing on his lips. "Is that so? Well, I hate to disappoint, but I'm no princess. Just a simple person who doesn't appreciate others invading his territory."

"Territory?" Jungkook chuckled, trying to ease the tension. "I didn't realize you owned this tower. Are you planning to charge me rent now?"

The captor's  smile widened, his grip on the knife relaxing slightly. "I must admit, you have quite the wit. But I'm afraid I can't let you go just yet. You see, we have a lot to talk about."

Jungkook's curiosity piqued. "Talk? What could we possibly have to talk about?"

Taehyung leaned closer, his voice lowering to a whisper. "The Star. I know you have it."

Jungkook's eyes widened in surprise but he smiled coyly, "you mean the stars in my eyes? I have heard that line from a vareity of ladies. You don't flatter me sweetheart"

"Taehyung."

"what?"

"name's Taehyung so quit with the name-calling. It disgust me." he continued, his expression serious. "You know what star I'm talking about. And I have my reasons for wanting it. Reasons that go far beyond its monetary value."

Jungkook couldn't help but be intrigued. "Well, you've got my attention. So, what's your plan? Are we going to join forces and become the most notorious thieves in the kingdom?"

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "You do not have the entire Jewel. It's in two parts. You have one....so who has the other?"

"Slow down sweetheart" Jungkook pressed on the word, how can he not when he knew it infuriated the other. "What do I get in return?"

"I have the crown." 

"what?" Jungkook has heard all about the missing crown. The one that got lost years ago. Someone who stole it from the higest security room in the main castle, without alerting the knights. Jungkook belived it was a myth and it was his fairytale. 

"The crown of the lost prince."

"How do you have it?"

"Because I stole it, fool" Taehyung smirked. 

Jungkook gasped. "I--" he had always wanted it. He had always wanted to steal it. 

"You can have it. You give me the Jewel and I'll give you the crown."

Jungkook concealed his excitement, "you got me all tied up. Let me go and you have a deal."

Taehyung cut the ropes easily with his dagger, he anticipated an attack as the other stood but he was only faced with an extended hand. 

"Deal." Jungkook smiled.