chapter 4

Taehyung had known no other life but that of a thief. From the moment he could walk, his father had trained him in the art of stealth and deception. Their home was a tall, desolate tower, standing like a sentinel against the backdrop of the kingdom. It was a place hidden from prying eyes, a sanctuary for their illicit activities.

Within the tower's confines, Taehyung honed his skills, mastering the art of lockpicking, acrobatic maneuvers, and the silent glide of a shadow. His father, a man of few words but immense knowledge, instilled in him the importance of precision and secrecy. Their missions were meticulously planned, leaving no room for error.

"Remember, Taehyung," his father's deep voice echoed through the empty corridors, "a true thief leaves no trace. We take what is desired and disappear into the night, like whispers on the wind."

Taehyung nodded, absorbing his father's teachings like a sponge. He longed for his father's approval, craving the rare moments of praise that pierced through his stoic exterior.

Sometimes His father would take him out on missions and sometimes he did something horrible, unspeakable things. 

In order to stop those horrible things from happeneing. Taehyung needed the star. The star of Eden. 

In the late hours of the night, when the tower was shrouded in darkness and his father's snores filled the air, Taehyung would quietly slip out. He ventured into the city, using his skills to blend seamlessly with the shadows. The rumors of the Star of Eden grew louder, and he discovered whispers of two other thieves on the same quest.

Jungkook and Jimin—they were names that danced on the tongues of townsfolk and thieves alike. Taehyung's lips curled into a knowing smile as he eavesdropped on conversations in the taverns and alleyways. Their reputations preceded them, tales of their audacious exploits whispered with both awe and fear.

Little did they know that as they sought the Star of Eden, Taehyung watched from the shadows, a predator patiently waiting for the opportune moment to strike.

on a fateful day, as Taehyung prepared to step out of the tower, his eyes caught sight of a figure scaling the walls—a familiar face climbing the walls of the tower. Jungkook. The prey had unknowingly stumbled upon the predator's lair.

A smirk tugged at the corners of Taehyung's lips as he leaned against the stone wall, hidden in the darkness. "When the prey comes looking for the predator," he whispered to himself, relishing the prospect of an encounter that would forever intertwine their destinies.