chapter 2

After an hour of trekking, complete with an accidental plunge into a river and an unexpected chase by a swarm of bees, Jungkook found himself standing before a towering structure. With a smirk on his face, he muttered, "Damsel in distress, huh? Should I be on the lookout for a dragon?" He patted his pocket, ensuring the precious Star of Eden was safely tucked away. Climbing a tower posed no challenge to Jungkook; he may look a little foolish and playful but he was surprisingly good at almost everything.

"This is gonna take some time," he grumbled as he stepped onto a conveniently placed rock, reaching for the rough walls of the tower.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the river, Jimin, wearied and in desperate need of respite, stumbled upon a all too familiar tavern. "where is that idiot," he mumbled  settling himself comfortably at a nearby table, ready to replenish his energy. Jungkook and Jimin always come to this tavern to celebrate a job well done. 

Within the kingdom's heart, news of the recent theft spread like wildfire and the knights were assigned to look for the theives.  

"This is the second time we got so close to catching them and also the second time they outwited us." Yoongi said clenching is fingers.

"third." Namjoon corrected. He cleared his throat as Yoongi glared at him. "I mean, did you forget that time when the short one stole your bread when we were 12 years old?"

"I did not forget anything. I will make him pay" 

Hoseok, always brimming with unwavering determination, interjected with confidence, "Fear not, my comrades. We shall find these thieves and bring them to justice."

Meanwhile, back at the tower, Jungkook continued his ascent with a sense of playful anticipation. Visions of a beautiful princess with beautiful hair  danced through his mind, and he couldn't help but hope for a stolen moment alone with her. It had been far too long since he had enjoyed the company of a lady, and perhaps deep down, he secretly yearned to play the role of the saviour.

Reaching the upper reaches of the tower, Jungkook's keen eyes scanned the surroundings, searching for any signs of life. Although the tower bore evidence of habitation, nothing particularly valuable caught his attention. Just as he let out a sigh, a sudden breath tickled the back of his neck, causing him to swiftly turn around.

"A boy!?" Jungkook's bewildered exclamation barely escaped his lips before an echoing clang reverberated through the tower. A sturdy frying pan collided with his face, abruptly silencing his words and momentarily leaving him stunned. Standing before him was the assailant, a spirited young man with an equally bewildered expression.