CHAPTER 5: "Life After You"

Those few words echoed though the fog and invaded Red's consciousness like a dagger through butter. It renewed his energy and desire to pull through. He heated to know this identity of this woman. She needed him, and for reasons unknown, he knew that he had to be there for her. He wanted to be there for her.

As red strained himself more than ever before, an image of a beautiful face appeared through the darkness. The face obviously belonged to a woman, and he was left with no doubt in his mind that this woman was the one who was calling for him. She was the most beautiful thing that Red had even imagined. Her long, brown hair marched her perfectly with her big blue eyes. Red cling to this image like a lifeline. He was so afraid that if he let it slip away he would be left with nothing but the lonesome darkness again.

Filled with new passion and strengthened desire, Red doubled his efforts to attempting to open his eyes. In truth, he wasn't exactly sure whether or not he had his eyes open or if he had eyes, arresting to open them became his new obsession. And so that was he focused on. Days, months, or perhaps even heard could have passed, her all he did was concentrate on opening his eyes. He needed to see the beautiful woman that clearly meant a great deal to him, he needed to observe her, be there for her.

Over the next few more days, Liz had permission after more than two weeks of being there that she could do the daily care for Red. She took over everything which made the nurses' jobs easier, and they were dead grateful for that. She took on everything but the administration of medicine. She needed to take care of him, she wasn't sure why, she just did.

Dembe turned him frequent just like the nurses' said to keep deadly pressure sores and infections from complicating his recovery. His head lacerations were gone, the swelling had declined a little, but still there wasn't any improvement.
"Dembe, I'm going to give him a bath... Can you please fill a basin for me?" Dembe nodded with a small smile, through the years they've been together, he had learn to trust Liz and treat her like family; they've grown closer since then. "Sure, do you want me to help you move him?" She smiled, Dembe always felt like he needed to be useful for him. "It's fine... Um-would you mind picking up some food from the restaurant that we ate in yesterday? That fried bread was to die for... And those Pork dumplings that you got were awesome. Besides, this is going to take longer because I'm going to shave him, and cut his hair a bit. Of he wakes up looking like a Yeti, he's gonna be so pissed and so flip out about it."

Dembe laughed a little, knowing that Red would definitely hate that. But his smile soon lessened, he knew as well that the monger he swathed unconscious, the more of the possibility that he'll stay as is, and the chances of waking up is becoming smaller. He couldn't voice it out, because he knew she'll fall apart. He would be okay, he just had to.
While she bathed him, and when no one was and, she let her all of her hopes and fears out in the open. She read that if a person talked to someone who's induced in a coma they could actually be helping the, because so,writes they can hear it.
"You need to wake up. There's is so much I want to tell you, and there's something important you need to know too. But you'll never know if you don't wake your ass up. Ray, I love you, but this is turning out to be am insane ploy for attention. I'm quite sure that even though...you know, you don't need to go through a whole soap thing just to get attention. You are such a drama queen, do you know that? We are all worried about you, honestly even Dembe is starting to go nuts! He hardly sleeps, and barely eats honestly he got thinner and if you don't wake that ass up of yours it gonna get worse. The man is wasting away and you could just stop all of this and just wake up"
She knew she was overdoing it. She said anything and everything she could think of to get him to react, half of it didn't even made sense now that she thought about it, but she always said it just to make sure that he wasn't alone. That they are there for him no matter what.