CHAPTER 8: "Look After You"

"I know you're not sleeping."

Red chuckled, a deep sound that he reserved only for her. He opened his eyes to the image of perfection. Lizzie, standing by his bedside with the light from the window bathing her in a warm glow. Red wasn't sure if he'd ever seen anything more beautiful.

"You know me too well, dear."

It had been two weeks since Red has awoken to find Lizzie beside him. During that time, she had finally left him in order to go home and properly shower and sleep. The nurses had informed him that whilst he was unconscious, she had only left his beside to use the restroom. Red was touched; mainly because he couldn't remember a time when someone had willingly given up so much for him. But then again, he had never met a person like his Lizzie before.

"How're you feeling?"

"Better now that you're here."

Liz smiled brightly happy that they were making progress. She had never seen a more happy and relaxed Raymond Reddington in the past, and now seeing him here with a big smile on his face, even though he may have amnesia she wouldn't have it any other way. She'll help him go through everything and wouldn't abandon him, it was time to look after him.

Lizzie sat down in her usual spot beside him. Now that she was closer, Red could discern the slight nervousness that clouded her beautiful eyes. Confused, Red patiently waited for Lizzie to break the silence.

"I need to tell you something..." Liz started, Red tilted his head beckoning her to continue. She breathe in deep and decided to tell him the good news...good news she thinks... "The doctor said you can be discharged today..." A smile grazed his face like a little boy "that's great to hear, when can we leave?" He asked almost excited and in turn made her smile. "We could leave as soon as your doctor comes to make a final round of visit then you can go... But Ray, there's another thing..." Red's brows furrowed but nonetheless was curious to what it was; "Dembe has some business to do, and so does Kate; the doctor told us that you need a stable environment to help you regroup...we thought that you can go and...live with me...I mean it's fine if...you-" but Red cut him off "I would love to live with you but I don't want to sound like a freeloader, I mean you've done so much...I don't want to be anymore of a burden to-" but she cut her off this time; "I wouldn't really mind; and you're no burden, you're my best-friend, or so far before you've been my best friend and like I told you you're the only constant thing or person in my life... And you would never be a burden to me, to us. We are your family, and we care for you... Love you..." She said with a smile "so what do you say?" She asked hopefully; he smiled shyly in return "I guess I'm going home then aren't I?" He smiled smugly at her and Liz knew he was up to something; " okay Reddington what's with the smug smile?" She asked teasingly "I get to go home... And the bonus is... With a beautiful woman too..." He said winking at her, making them both laugh.

As he lay there, the Concierge of Crime truly felt happy. With his Lizzie by his side, nothing could hurt him. Nothing could take away the absolute content he felt in this moment.

It was then that he realized what he should have seen all along. That maybe in the past forgotten, Throughout his journeys, throughout his deals and lies, all he really needed was someone there for him. Someone that he could turn to, someone that he could rely on. Someone that he could make jokes with, and talk to for hours on end. Someone whose hand would be willing to hold his in return. And he was glad, that that someone was Elizabeth Keen. And now, when he was trying to start over, she's still there and he was thankful. He's beginning to start counting his blessings, and he's glad that a certain Elizabeth Keen was part of that blessings being counted.

A few more hours later and he was cleared to go home. Lizzie called Dembe to pick them up and bring a set of clothes for Red. When Dembe came, Red gave him a big hug; "hey there big guy..." He greeted "Raymond, it's nice to see you looking happy..." Red chuckled and shuffled out of bed "why wouldn't I be? I'm going home... With a beautiful woman" Dembe chuckled "I'm glad you're back my friend, here..." He says outstretching his arm "I've brought you clothes... And shoes..." He said waving a pair of Italian shoes and pair of socks. "Thank you..." He said gratefully "I'll be quick..."