Chapter Three.

~Racing Hearts.~

Adrian, undeterred by Lexi's silence, presses further, his curiosity urging him to uncover the truth behind her possession of the bike. "Please," he implores gently, "could you tell me where you got that bike?"

Lexi remains silent, her mind swirling with a mixture of emotions. This encounter with her idol, someone she has admired from a distance, leaves her awestruck and at a loss for words. She realizes that this is her chance to engage with Adrian, but the magnitude of the moment overwhelms her.

"I... I got it from..." Lexi stammers, her words faltering as her mind races through a whirlwind of memories and emotions. She pauses, lost in her thoughts, struggling to find the right words to convey the truth that lies within her.

Lexi's gaze meets Adrian's, her eyes reflecting a mixture of awe and realization. The realization that she is standing before the very person who has inspired her, the one who has fueled her dreams.

"You're Adrian," she finally whispers, her voice barely audible. The words escape her lips like a breath of wonder, tinged with a hint of disbelief. At that moment, everything comes together, and the gravity of the encounter becomes clear.

Unknown to them, their interaction has caught the attention of onlookers, and the flash of cameras captures the frozen moment. Lexi's mask, forgotten in her trance, reveals her identity, adding another layer of intrigue to the unfolding scene.

Suddenly, the voice of the barista breaks the spell. Lexi jolts back to reality, her instincts reminding her to put her mask on. She hastily retrieves her order, thanking the barista, and signals to him,

"That's Adrian!"

The barista smiles knowingly, a silent acknowledgment of the extraordinary encounter.

Without looking back, Lexi leaves and swiftly mounts her bike, starting the engine with a determined resolve. Her gaze briefly lingers on Adrian's bike, the symbol of their unexpected connection, before she steels herself to ride away.

As she speeds off, heading back to the, a mix of shock and excitement coursing through her veins, Lexi's mind races. She hopes that the photographs taken by curious onlookers will remain blurry or unnoticed, protecting her secret identity.

The encounter with Adrian has left her with more questions than answers, but it has also ignited a spark within her.

With a smile on his face, Adrian puts his mask back on, his gaze meeting the baristas as he retrieved his order from the counter.

"Thank you," Adrian says, his voice laced with genuine appreciation.

The barista, a young man with an enthusiastic gleam in his eyes, can't help but notice Adrian's curiosity about the name on the cup. With a playful grin, he leaned in slightly, ready to share a secret.

"Ah, Lexi," the barista whispers, his voice filled with intrigue. "She's quite the enigma, isn't she? A regular customer of ours, but she prefers to keep a low profile."

Adrian's interest piqued, his eyes locked onto the barista's, silently urging him to reveal more. The barista, however, respected the unspoken boundaries, understanding the importance of protecting Lexi's privacy.

"I understand," Adrian nodded, his tone filled with appreciation for the barista's discretion.

"You know," he begins, his voice tinged, "I can't help but imagine the impact of your autograph alongside hers."

Hinting that he will provide him with a little bit of information about Lexi. Adrian considers the barista's words, a thoughtful expression crossing his face.