Chapter Sixteen.

~The Monday Meeting.~

The sun is just starting to rise as Lexi stirs awake on a Monday morning. She blinks away the sleep from her eyes and glances at the clock, realizing she woke up earlier than usual. Her usual morning workout routine will have to be cut short today as she has an early start at the company.

She engages in some gentle stretching exercises, attempting to awaken her body and mind for the day ahead. She steps into the shower, and as the warm water cascades down her body, music plays softly in the background. Lexi's mind drifts back to the weekend she spent with Adrian. His touch, his smile, the way he made her feel - it all plays like a vivid movie in her head. She can't help but smile to herself as she recalls their laughter and the moments they shared.

As she steps out of the shower and wraps herself in a fluffy towel, she can't shake off the feeling that something special is blossoming between her and Adrian. It's like a delicate flower, just starting to bloom, and she wants to cherish it and see where it leads. A mix of excitement and uncertainty fills her heart as she gets dressed for the day, eager to finish her work quickly and see him tomorrow afternoon.

The more she sees him, the stronger her desire to be in his presence becomes. Missing him today only intensifies her longing to see him again.

Efficiently, she completes her morning routine, expertly applying makeup and selecting the outfit she had carefully chosen for today's important meeting. Opting for a polished and professional look, she settles on a black suit with elegant white lines at the edges. Before leaving, she takes pictures and shares them on social media.

As she fastens her favorite bracelet, a notification pops up on her phone.

Adrian: Morning. Good luck with your meeting today.

Lexi smiles as she reads the message. She quickly types a reply.

Lexi: Thank you. Have fun at the racetrack for both of us.

Adrian: I will.

Lexi: Have a nice day.

Adrian: Thank you, have a nice day too.

Lexi gathers her essentials - phone, bag, and heels - and steps out of her room, ready to take on the day. On her way to the door, she stops by the fridge and grabs a couple of fruits to snack on later. She prefers having breakfast once she's settled in at work. Today, she's opting for a car ride, hoping to avoid any potential traffic jams that might delay her. As she gets into the car, her mind drifts back to the messages she exchanged with Adrian earlier, bringing a smile to her face and a sense of anticipation for the day ahead.

Living close to the company has its perks, as Lexi's commute only takes fifteen to twenty minutes. Today, she's fortunate to find the roads relatively clear, and her journey is smooth and hassle-free. While on the way, she munches on the fruits she brought from home, enjoying the refreshing flavors as she fuels herself for the day ahead.

Arriving at the company, Lexi greets the friendly security guard and hands him a tin of fruits as a gesture of appreciation. With a smile exchanged, she heads to park her car.

The office is still relatively quiet as it's early in the morning, with only a few people present.

"Morning Miss Lexi," Abby greets her warmly, a cup of coffee in hand.

"Morning Abby, how are you today?" Lexi asks with a friendly smile.

"I'm good, we just finished booking the venue, ready for the meeting?" Abby inquires with a bright smile, looking eager to dive into the day's tasks.