Chapter Eighteen.

~The Gym.~

"Purple?" Adrian's message pops up.

"Yeah, I like it," Lexi types, her fingers dancing across the screen.

She engages in a playful text exchange with Adrian, the words on her screen mirroring the playful banter that often characterizes their interactions.

"I thought you were busy," she continues a hint of curiosity in her words.

"Yes, but not too busy for the gym," Adrian responds.

"The gym, huh?" Lexi types, her lips curving into a knowing smile.

With a contented sigh, she walks into the gym, her heart light and her mind already picturing the upcoming moments they will share.

Despite their demanding schedules, the gym offers a welcome respite where Lexi and Adrian can come together and share moments of togetherness. 

As she enters the gym, the determination is evident in her eyes, ready to face the challenges of their workout routine side by side. Lexi's gym bag slung over her shoulder, she walks with purpose towards the designated changing area. The soft thud of her sneakers against the polished floor is the only sound that marks her entrance.

Adrian's gaze is drawn to Lexi as she walks in, a warm smile tugging at his lips when he spots her in the vibrant purple gym wear she had mentioned earlier. The color suits her well, and he's glad to see her embrace it.

"So now we're just casually working out together? she asks, as she quickly puts her bag in her locker and walks towards Adrian.

"Yeah, this is the only time that we're both not busy, so it works out," he says as she stands up to greet her.

He hugs her since they are alone in the gym. He had been in the gym for 10 minutes so he was just doing his warm-up routine as he waited for her.

They break the hug and Lexi sees the dumbbell in his sides and sees that they seem heavy.

"This is what you mean when you say you were warming up?" she genuinely asks.

"Yeah,' he smiles as he takes one with his right hand and hands it to her, her hands immediately fall once she tries to pick them up and Adrian helps her and they both laugh, She takes her mat and places it down in front of the mirror.

"My definition of a warm-up is some light stretches," she stretches as Adrian mimics what she does. She proceeds to jog on the spot, then arm swings, side bends then leg swings.

She laughs as she sees Adrian doing it too.

"I want to try your workout routine," she says as she finishes her warm-up.

Teasingly, he says, "Okay, let's see if you can handle them,?"

Lexi's response is lighthearted yet determined, "You'll see." 

She takes a moment to hydrate herself with hot water before they dive into their exercises, sharing the camaraderie of pushing their limits and encouraging each other along the way.

Side by side, Lexi and Adrian engage in a challenging workout routine. Lexi quickly realizes that Adrian's approach to fitness is quite intense, evident especially in his impressive display of push-ups. His strength and endurance are on full display as he effortlessly performs a series of them, leaving Lexi both impressed and slightly out of breath just watching.