Chapter Seven.

~The Racetrack~

Lexi's voice quivers slightly as she summons the courage to speak, her gaze meeting Adrian's as she softly greets him,

"Hi."

Adrian reciprocates with a warm smile, his tone gentle yet tinged with a hint of anticipation,

"Hey."

Lexi's heart beats rapidly in her chest, a whirlwind of thoughts swirling through her mind.

She still doesn't believe that she is talking to him.

Her voice is steady and filled with genuine warmth as she continues the conversation.

"How are you?"

"I'm good,"

"You truly know how to surprise, first the party and now this," she remarks.

Adrian's expression reflects genuine curiosity as he replies,

"I could say the same about you. Your family owns MM&A Motors, right?"

Lexi acknowledges with a nod, a hint of resignation in her voice,

"Yes, now everyone seems to know."

Her curiosity piqued, she presses further, "But why did you choose to follow me?"

Adrian's answer is simple and direct, "Because I wanted to."

The response leaves Lexi momentarily taken aback, prompting her to inquire further,

"Everyone knows that you don't just follow anyone, that's why I'm asking,"

Adrian's eyes meet hers, a spark of intrigue lighting up his features,

"You know Yuki, no one can claim they truly know him."

Lexi's mind races, contemplating the significance of their conversation. She then addresses the question lingering in her thoughts,

"You want to know why I have a unique bike, the one that no one else in the world has, just like yours?"

Adrian, with a subtle grin, responds, "Yes, you brought it, didn't you? I know you've raced before, but you haven't raced against me yet."

The revelation leaves Lexi momentarily stunned, the prospect of racing against Adrian both daunting and exhilarating.

"You can learn a lot about a person by the bike they choose to ride," he muses.

Lexi's words hang in the air, carrying a mix of admiration and humility,

"I ride because I enjoy it because it's fun. But to race against you would be an honor that I can't resist."

"But that means that I have to prove myself to you," Lexi responds, her voice laced with determination.

Adrian shakes his head, a hint of amusement in his eyes.

"No, I followed you because I didn't have another way to contact you and get to know you better, to see you in action. Let's just have fun with this."