Chapter Thirteen.

~The Date~

Lexi realizes that they have reached the final episode after hours of engrossing watching. As the last episode begins playing, she feels overwhelmed and pauses the show, capturing Adrian's attention. He turns to look at her, curiosity in his eyes.

"I'm as confused as I was in the first episode, but now I think I have an idea of how it mind be. To make it more interesting," she says, grabbing a sticky note and a pen from the table and concealing her writing from him.

"I've written who the mastermind is, and you'll write yours," she explains, a playful smile on her face. Adrian smiles in response.

"I know it's silly, but just do it," Lexi encourages him. Adrian takes a sticky note and pen from her, writing down his prediction. He folds it and hands it to her, while Lexi does the same with her note.

"What do I get when I'm right?" Adrian asks a mischievous glint in his eyes. Lexi ponders for a few moments before responding.

"Anything you want," she says, meeting his gaze with a mix of excitement and anticipation.

"What are you thinking about?" Lexi asks, her smile reflecting her curiosity as she holds the remote in her hand.

Adrian's mischievous grin widens as he replies, "Nothing."

She raises an eyebrow at his response but doesn't press further. "Okay," she says, resuming the episode on the screen. Deep down, Lexi secretly hopes that Adrian's prediction is correct because she's eager to find out what he might choose as his reward.

The room falls into silence as they both remain engrossed in the final episode. Moments later, as the truth is revealed about the real Cychia, Lexi's reaction is one of shock and disbelief.

"No!" she exclaims, unable to contain her surprise. "She was the villain all along because there will always be another sister! Why didn't I think of that?" Her voice rises louder than usual, her emotions pouring out. She turns to Adrian, who is chuckling at her reaction.

Curiosity gets the better of her, and she opens their folded notes to see what Adrian had written. To her surprise, his words confirm her realization:

"There's another sister."

Lexi's eyes widen as she looks at Adrian, a mix of astonishment and amusement in her expression.

The playful interaction between them deepens their connection.

"I can't believe you knew who it was halfway through," Lexi says, taking a seat after her initial shock subsides. She realizes that she's eager to discover Adrian's desired reward, curious about what he has in mind. He senses her anticipation from her expression and decides to seize the moment.

"Do you have any plans tomorrow afternoon?" Adrian asks a hint of excitement in his voice.

"No, why?" Lexi responds, her curiosity piqued.

"There's somewhere I want to take you," he replies, his words carrying a sense of intrigue.

Lexi's mind races, contemplating the possibilities. Is this a date? A thrill of anticipation rushes through her veins, and she decides to embrace the surprise.

... It's a date. Our first date. She muses to herself, a smile forming on her lips.

"I want to ask where we're going, but I love surprises," she tells Adrian, her eyes filled with excitement.

Adrian leans in closer, his lips meeting hers in a sweet and unexpected kiss. Her initial surprise quickly transforms into delight, and she responds eagerly, kissing him back. At that moment, she realizes how much she likes him.