Chapter Nineteen.

~The Pool Party.~

Lexi wakes up, later in the day and immediately takes a shower, she had scrubbed her body the previous night and she is confident that she is ready for the pool party. She indulges in her normal self-care routine but she doesn't do her usual make up routine because she opts for a minimal looks since they will be swimming, or not.

She has been to pool parties before, especially in college, but this time it's different, she is meeting Adrian's friends.

She takes her small bag and puts in her essentials and her phone. She is wearing the bikini underneath and a light blue sundress on top of it. She puts her alternative wear incase she decides to change from her bikini to a more comfortable look.

She doesn't want to drive to his house so she calls for a driver, the same driver who had picked her and Ryan up from the race, two weeks ago. She gives him the location and they head there. He is not one to talk much so he puts on some music which makes Lexi feel less nervous.

She left her bike and outfits at the loft because it's near the event, so she will easily get there and race tomorrow.

She doesn't know what to expect and she promises herself that she won't drink because she knows how she gets. Or she will just drink a little, just a little. When she drinks, she has no inhibitions.

When she arrives at the gate, she is met with a lot of people entering. 

They are being greeted by a brunette in a mustard bikini. She looks like a model.

Lexi gets out of the car and says goodbye to the driver as she walks to the entrance that leads to the pool. She is met with the brunette's stare and she just smiles and says

"Hi,"

As she walks out to the pool. She sees so many people in bikinis and shorts with drinks in hand. She suddenly feels out of place so she texts Adrian that she has arrived. There are more people than she had expected, they're all in bikinis and shorts and she is in her dress.

"It's a pool party," Lexi hears a voice coming from the back and turns to see that it's the brunette.

"Yeah," Lexi looks around and sees what everyone is wearing down at her dress and laughs, she knows that the brunette wants to intimidate her and she knows how to handle her.

"Then?" she says, signalling to Lexi that she needs to be in a bikini. 

Lexi realises that people are now looking at her and she decides to change into a bikini, in front of them, it's just a spur of a moment kind of thing.

It's a wave of both confidence and the will to silence the brunette.

Adrian and his friends are walking down the stairs as they laugh.

"Just go easy on her, I want her to be comfortable," Adrian says as his friends agree.

They come in at the right time as Lexi removes her sundress to reveal the two-piece light blue bikini she was wearing underneath and everyone's attention is on her. Adrian is shocked because he has seen her a lot of times and this is the first time he sees her in a bikini. He had imagined how her body would look like but seeing her now, she looks so good. Her curves, her beautiful skin, her fit body. Clothes don't do her justice.

Austin is also shocked and taps Adrian.

"She looks comfortable, he says.

"This is better, right?" Lexi looks at the brunette and maintains eye contact while she smiles as the brunette doesn't look pleased because she wasn't expecting it, she leaves her and goes to her friends who are still looking at Lexi.