Chapter Seven: Shocking News

When we finally arrived back at the house, I was still in shock, though not as strongly as before. It took this entire time for me to understand what happened moments ago; Roxanne Wolf had kissed me on the cheek... right... in front... of EVERYONE!! It was one thing for Roxanne to hug me, but it was another to kiss me on the cheek.

'Why would she do that?' I thought to myself. 'It can't be due to me being her favorite. What's going on?'

"Mihael!" someone shouted, shaking me violently. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked to see Lisa looking at me with her hands on my shoulders. "Come on, let's go."

I nodded. We all stepped out of the car, slamming the doors shut behind us. We walked up the front porch leading to the front door. My mother took the key and inserted it into the lock. After a moment, she unlocked the door. We stepped inside the house, me closing the door behind us.

"Ah, home sweet home, at long last," I said aloud. At that exact moment, my stomach growled, loud enough for everyone to hear. My cheeks became warm as Lisa, my mother, and my father chuckled at that.

"Well, since it's close to dinner and I'm hungry as well, Mihael, why don't you help your mother out with cooking dinner?" my father said. I stared at him for a moment before I nodded, knowing one of the conditions of my punishment was to not complain.

"I know what we're going to have tonight," my mother said. "Come on, Mihael. Let's go."

With that, my mother and I walked over to the kitchen to go make dinner. I was curious as to what we were going to make. Whatever it was, I had no doubt it was going to be amazing.

We both entered the kitchen. It was a rectangular-shaped room with black-and-white tiles that make up the floor, a fridge at the far left wall with the back door beside it, a sink with a window above it at the north wall, and a stove just connected to the south wall. All in all, just your ordinary average kitchen.

"So, Mihael, what do you think of Roxy?" my mother suddenly asked. "Do you still think negatively?"

I thought about it carefully. Roxanne wasn't nearly as bad as I originally thought she would be; a complete opposite of how she was when we first met. I had no idea why she went through such a sudden change. It couldn't have been because of the short amount of time we got to know each other. Hell, all I knew about her was that she was the band's keytarist as well as the titular mascot for the still-under-construction attraction 'Roxy Raceway'. Despite all of that, Roxanne wasn't so bad.

"Well?" my mother pressed.

I shrugged my shoulders. "She's alright. I mean, she's a totally different animatronic than the one I first met with Lisa two days ago."

"Really?" my mother asked, sounding intrigued.

I nodded. "Yep. She sure as hell wasn't acting like that before. I wonder what's been getting into her. She told me I'm her favorite, though I doubt that's really the case."

There was a moment of silence before I looked at my mother. She had a smirk on her face. I didn't know why, but the sight of that smirk was making me feel uneasy. It was like she knew something I didn't.

"Mother, what's with the face?" I asked slowly.

"Maybe it's just me, but I think it's safe to assume that Roxy likes you," my mother said playfully.

I didn't say anything. I just stared at her, my brain trying to process what she just said. Maybe it was my imagination, or maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me. Better yet, maybe she said it as a joke. For God's sake, what could it be?