Chapter Twenty-One: Princess Quest III

The elevator dinged and the doors opened. We stepped out and entered the Lobby of Fazer Blast, home of both Vanny's hideout and the final 'Princess Quest' game. However, if we were going to get to it, we were going to have to take care of Vanny. If we tried to get to her hideout, she might have a trick up her sleeve and stop us from getting to it. Due to how much time we have left, slowing us down long enough for the clock to hit 6 AM would be a huge win in her books.

After everything that's happened, all three of us were very determined to put an end to this terrible nightmare. It was crazy. To think that everything that has happened to us would eventually lead up to this point. At first, it was a fight for survival. Now, it was a fight to end the legacy of a psycho who has taken the lives of so many kids, tearing many of the families here apart in the process. After all that's happened, I doubt I would ever find myself here ever again.

That thought made my heart ache. Even though I learned the reason for Roxanne taking a liking to me, never coming back to see her was a kill blow. I couldn't even imagine the pain that she would go through after seeing no sign of me coming here with my family in the long run. But after losing my sister, I don't want to come back to a place that will forever remind me of what I had lost.

"This is it," I said out loud as I looked around the Lobby.

The Lobby itself was pretty impressive. It was a large rectangular-shaped room fitted with bright neon lights and a few large screens. There were arcade machines to the right of the room and a few receptionist's desks at the far end of the room. The floor itself was checkered-themed. A few neon lights were in the shape of the Glamrocks. To top it off, the place itself gave off a fun vibe, one that promised a great time.

"It sure is," Gregory said.

"I can't believe this is happening," Freddy said. "It's like the end of a nightmare."

I mentally smiled. He had no idea he hit the nail on the head with that statement. It was true. We were going to face the monster who had been hunting us down for most of the night. I couldn't wait to put an end to it. It has gone on for far too long.

"So, where do we go?" I asked, looking at Freddy. He pointed to a door at the far end of the room.

"We can get access to the place through that door," he said.

"Lead the way," I said. With that, we approached the door. The door slid up, allowing us to get inside. However, before we could, a loud crackling sound stopped us in our tracks. I had a feeling of what was going to happen.

"Calling all recruits!" came Freddy's voice, strong and proud. "Fazer Blast is a high-intensity space combat simulation! Suit up and save the universe as you blast everyone and everything with high-tech laser effects. Blast strangers! Blast your friends! Beat the Superstar Score and get a free Fazerblaster gun! Enlist now!"

Gregory and I looked at Freddy at the same time. Freddy looked embarrassed and looked like he was blushing. I almost laughed at the sight.

"Boys, I'm not really that annoying, am I?" Freddy asked us both sheepishly.

"Nah!" we both said at the same time.

"I thought it was pretty cool," I said honestly because to be honest, it really was. "Now, let's go."

We went down a long hallway, which looked like that of a spaceship from a movie. It was crazy, to say the least. The amount of detail and work that must've gone into building this place must've been a huge accomplishment for the construction crew. The lights even gave it a very creepy feel.

We reached the end of the hall and the door opened. We all stepped into a small Lobby filled with soft couches and tables. The place was lit up by purple neon lights, the walls filled with lit-up stars.