Chapter 6 : I like you

What should I tell her...

When I arrived to school, Jasmine greeted me saying hi. I greeted back hiding my face.

"Oh right! You're reward for doing my assignments!" Jasmine kissed me on the cheek.

I felt nothing... I must tell her the truth...
"Hey Jasmine, I know that you don't like me. Xiel told me"

"What!? Why would you believe him more that me! I thought you liked me!" She said shouting at me. I walked away, ignoring her.

"You know what! It's true! I don't like you!"
Jasmine shouted behind me.

I sighed.

After school, Xiel invited me to watch my favorite movie in the theater. I agreed of course.

We went to the movies after such a long time of not going there.

While we were watching, Xiel suddenly holds my hand. What. Is he scared or something? Why is he holding my hand.

I snatched my hand away to myself.

After the movie was finished, Xiel has been acting weird. His face is red and he can't even face me. What's going on with him?

When we arrived home, Xiel cooked dinner and he's still acting weird.

"Hey Xiel, are you sick? Why is your face so red" I asked him concerned.

"N-no it's nothing..." Xiel stuttered.

-----------------------–---------------------------------

A few days has passed and Xiel is still acting weird around me, I wanted to confront him about this.

I found Xiel in the school rooftop playing the guitar.

"Xiel...". He turned to look at me and his face was suprised.

"Hey Louie...is there something wrong?"
"Yes...it's you, why are you acting weird around me, it's bothering me now." I said with a serious face.

"N-nothing, I think I'm sick or something heh" Xiel replied. "Stop lying to me Xiel, tell me the truth"

"Its because I....."
"because what?"
"I, because I"
"What just say it Xiel"
"I like you"

What!? Is he serious!?

"What do you mean by that."
"I want us to be more than friends Louie, I like you"
"I'm sorry Xiel, I just don't think I can ever like you in a romantic way."

"Maybe let's just stay as friends" I said.
Xiel looked sad. "Okay...if you say so"